Friday, August 8, 2008

Timothy

Yesterday was spent focused on Vicki's birthday and helping to raise support for Timothy's medical costs. I thought this morning I should bring everyone back up to speed on the patient.

Vicki's initial response this morning, "He's grumpy and dizzy." So there you have it folks we have a grumpy young man today. Have any of you Mom's ever taken care of a grumpy sick child? Well, it certainly is not too fun.

He was supposed to have some hearing/ear tests today. However, it is almost 3 pm on Friday so Vicki is not sure it will happen today. The current plan is for discharge on Tuesday. They will stay in Joburg the rest of the week and fly to Houston on Monday.

Timothy is obviously getting bored with the hospital today. He did eat a McDonald's burger! Whoo Hoo. I told him I was preparing the blog and was there anything he wanted me to tell the 'world'. His reply was simply, "Going insane and I'm deaf'. Vicki told me that the deafness in the one ear is really bothering him today. Redonia has a hearing loss in one ear and my Mom has some hearing issues. I told him they could all 3 go and get some cute little hearing aids. He replied in sarcasm "Not funny". His arm is better. We still have some conerns that will be addressed once he gets to Texas Children's.

Timothy could almost buy his first sports car with the cost of their airfare to the states. They could not get a 21 day ticket to receive the discount because he needs to quickly be under the care of doctors here. Additionally he had to fly businees class. Pray their budget is raised quickly. Thanks for the love and prayers you have shown our family!

9 comments:

ByNanasHands said...

Well, crabby is a GOOD sign! Extra prayers today for Mom and Dad, sounds like they have their hands full! And, as in the past week, prayers continue for Timo...

Melana

Kathy McElhaney said...

I'm not a mom, but I remember it well with my brother. He was a hemophiliac and spent much of his childhood in the hospital. We always knew the worst had passed when he started getting grumpy and bored. Well enough to be bored - but still too sick to be out doing what boys love to do.
In Timo's case, thank God for grumpiness!
Still praying for y'all!

Anonymous said...

I praise the Lord for touching Timo.
We will continue to pray.
Thanks for the update.


Susan T, Henry, Aaron, and Sarah

Karen J. Hopper said...

How wonderful our loving God who not only brings healing touches but he works out the details to make sure Timo can receive care in an excellent hospital. BTW, hugged Susan for you (Misti wasn't there) - and believe it or not, hugged Cherish too. They send their love.

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Good to hear that Timo ate a hamburger from McDonalds and that plans are be made for the next step toward complete recovery! I will continue praying as there is lots ahead yet in this story. Love you, Susy in hot, humid Reynosa!

Anonymous said...

Tracie

Bev keeps saying we are going for the family hearing aid plan so we can get the discount, maybe we can add you guys too! LOL.

Teresa

Richard M. Davis said...

Tracie and Vicki,
I have read your blog almost daily, certainly praying for Timo every day. Thank you for the updates, especially early on when everything was so critical. I have not posted until now, though I have read the posts and comments, and my wife posted for us once. Our love and appreciation for the Thomas family goes back to Alabama days when I served on the youth committee and taught two young girls at youth camp! Thanks to the birthday party posts, I now know about how old you were then--and I wasn't much older myself! Those were great days and times. We are praying for all the Simoneaux family, the Smith family, and the Patrick family. Our highest love and regards to all of you! God is going to bring Timo and all of you through this trying time with a testimony to His glory. God bless, Richard and Sharon Davis, St. Louis (PS--Please give Gabriel my regards! I believe Brother Smith will know what I am talking about! :-)

Anonymous said...

Tracie, is there an account to send funds to for those who wish to be a blessing? I am so glad and thankful to hear that Timo is well enough to be 'the grump' and Mickey 'D' burger that goes down and stays down is an added blessing. God is truly a Great God!!!

Danan said...

Sis. Traci,

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your blog!!! Having not had internet available for the last two weeks of deputation (for the most part), I have had to make phone calls to others about
Timo's updates on your blog. Believe me, we are most grateful for your willingness to stop in the middle of this crisis and keep those who love the Simoneaux's well informed on Timo's progress.

We are rejoicing today in all that the Lord is doing in his life!

Tremayne and Vicki,
We love you and hold you close in prayer!

Mike and Danan