Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Timo's Humor

I posted last evening about Dad's humor/Trent's humor. Allow me to share with you a little of Tmo's humor. Today as I stopped at our subdivision gate I realized my brother was entering behind me. Then as I pulled into our drive I noticed Vicki and the gang on Mom's driveway. We all arrived at the same time! How exciting is that?

I parked my car and quickly went for hugs. Of course we've been apprehensive about Timo's arrival. It's been a two-sided nervousness. First, Vicki and I hugged one another. Then I went to Timo. I immediately noticed he is weak. No big deal he's been quite sick. As we approached one another smiling he said, "Hello Aunt Kristi". Do I correct him???? I whispered (my mistake) "Aunt Tracie". He turned his 'good' ear to me for me to repeat. I said, "Aunt Tracie". Patted him on the back and said, "I don't care what you call me, I'm just glad to see you." He chuckled, and said "That was planned I KNOW who you are!" We had a good laugh. Vicki said he told her earlier today he was going to torment me. He's a mess! When Aunt Kristi arrived he called her Aunt Courtney. When Redonia arrived he asked, "Who are you?" He couldn't hold it in they giggled and Redonia picked him up and hugged him tight. They were so happy to see each other. Timo is a funny kid and his humor did show through despite his weakness.

Timothy's balance is off but improving. His voice is really weak. We aren't sure if it's deafness or the vent that has caused the problem. He can't hear anything in his left hear but he can feel with the ear. He thinks its funny that he can pick up our wrist and place across his ear and feel a pulse. His first doctor's appointment is Friday and then another one will be Monday.

Mom fixed dinner for everyone. All of the siblings and our families and Tremayne's parents was together. We had a good time. Timothy walked with me to my house and did quite well. His depth is not normal yet. Changing elevations when walking is challenging. Timothy rested in a chair most of the evening. Of course he is operating on a different time zone, too.

Vicki will spend a little time shopping the next day or two. Timothy is here with a pair of jeans and a few tshirts. Vicki has a couple of skirts and a few tops. Tremayne is in a similar situation. They weren't able to go back to Malawi afte going to Joburg. Retail therapy has always worked well for Vicki. Lauren gave her a Stein-Mart gift card. I'm sure Vicki will have fun!!!!

Again, thanks for praying!

PS Please keep Zack in your prayers.

14 comments:

Susan Hill said...

Thank you so much for this post. Misti was hanging over my shoulder and we were reading at the same time, all of the sudden we were both laughing together, we got to the part where Timo planned to say the wrong names! He was playing confusion! What a monkey! Thank God that he still has the Humor! It will help alot during the next hard days! Misti accepted the Texas hug you sent on my blog tonight!

Linda Elms said...

YES! A good sense of humor helps everything! Thanks for this post! Love you!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

What is life without humor? Thanks for sharing. Love you.....Hi Vicki...
Have a good time shopping.

Jana Allard said...

What a card!!!! Glad Timo is in the USA with all his loving family and getting stronger. We are continuing to pray for a complete recovery. Enjoy your time with him and the other family members.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

What fun !!! Shopping too? Enjoy it, you deserve it. In due time, complete healing will come! God bless you and the whole family!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Yes, that sounds like Timo!! Reminds me of those times when I was IMing with Vicki........and then came the confession "Hey! I'm Timo!" Can't wait for him to do that again!!!! I am so thankful for the wonderful reunion youall had yesterday!

Anonymous said...

my family and i are so glad Timo and his family are back with us he still has a sence of humor i see well thats just timo!!! lol :D

iluv2prshim said...

How funny! :) I'm glad everyone is home safe and sound. Have a good time with your family. You probably should do some shopping with your sis too. :) Good therapy for the two of you. We are continuing to pray for Timo. Thanks for all the updates. Love you!

Valerie said...

So glad they made it stateside safely. I have been continued praying for your family and pray that Timo will make a great recovery quicker than expected.

Shopping always helps, pray then shop, it works wonders.

Anonymous said...

From Jan in Rockford IL (Susy's sis): So happy and thankful to hear V&T&T are safely in Houston !! Enjoy the time being together and I am praying that the fun and fellowship with family and the physical rest will be just the medicine that you need! We are continuing to pray as God continues to heal and care for Timo!

ByNanasHands said...

So good to hear Timo's spirit is coming out after all he's been through....everyone should get their time zones turned around in a week or so! Thank you for continuing to post so we all know what's happening, I know that in itself is stressful....a big round of prayers for all tonight!!

Melana

Anonymous said...

Oh yea. Shopping therapy really works! I hope she is going to go to Charming Charlies! LOL.

Sounds like Timo's humor came through unscathed.

Love you guys.

Teresa Bohannon

Anonymous said...

I am beaming with smiles for you Timo. You are quit the popular young man. I am sooo glad for you being home. Soak up ALL the TLC. Believe me they will tease you soon enough. Thank you Jesus for all your faithfullness to this young man. What a ministry you have put in his life and what a privilage we all have had seeing it coming to pass.

Anonymous said...

Hello Timo! I told the kids in our "KID'S PRAYER MINISTRY" class about you lastnight. I printed some pictures of you off of the internet. They were very interested and concerned about you. They put you on their prayer list and will be praying for you.