Friday, August 1, 2008

Email

Following is an email Vicki sent to our family:

Good evening to most of you! (morning for us)

Tremayne, Mom, and I were absolutely exhausted last night. By 9 pm we were all 3 falling asleep at the hospital. The crew in the PICU insisted we leave and go try and rest. They are very good with trauma 'parents' as well - always assessing our needs too.

The nurses PROMISED that they would call if ANYTHING happened or changed - for the good or bad. Tremayne crashed the minute we got to the room. It was a bit later for me but crashed soon after.

At 1:30 am the phone rang - my heart sank! The nurses were asking if one of us would come up - Timo was crying. Tremayne wouldn't let me go - said if he got there and it was a set back he would come get Mom and I. He insisted that I should sleep - I have had about 10 or 11 hours of sleep since Saturday night. Remember I was up with him Sunday and Monday nights as he cried with ear ache.

I couldn't go right back to sleep but I knew if I got up and got the computer to contact you all I wouldn't sleep at all. I thought to call Micah and Lauren - kids, I love y'all just as much as I do Timo and would be there for any of you (Chelsea too) in such a need.

I couldn't get Lauren, Micah answered sounded tired or busy but at least was able to 'hear' him say "Good night, I love you" (as a mother I needed to hear one of my children tell me that!)

I went off to sleep. Woke at 5:30. I text Tremayne to let him know I was awake (we are not supposed to use or phones in PICU) waited a few minutes and no reply so I called. He answered with "let me call you back I'm helping change a bed". He just text'ed - while I was typing
this - "he is fine I was helping with bed". They do the bed changing
and baths before the night nurse goes off duty.

Tremayne will come over to the b&b where we are staying to pick up Mom and I in about 1 hour. I am hoping to get Tremayne to just drop us off at the hospital and him come back and rest. He is still fighting a cough, he has to get over this! We don't need to risk him giving it to Timo.

Mom went and bought him some cough medicine yesterday. I think if we can get Tremayne to rest this morning that will help him as well.

We love you all and thanks again for caring!

6 comments:

Belinda said...

We won't stop praying! God is so faithful!

Anonymous said...

We are still praying and believing.
We look forward to your updates.

Here in Ky,
Susan, Henry, Aaron, and Sarah

Carrie Blair said...

Sis. Smith, you are awesome to keep everyone updated so well! It helps to know how to pray too. I love ya and hope you are getting some rest too! We are still praying and believing there will complete healing in Timo's body.

Anonymous said...

i just woke up and of course had to check any updates -- we are still praying in Rockford IL for whatever is going on with Timo as he awakens and recovers more fully. God has blessed him w great medical care and so thankful that they are just as caring for V&T& her mmom. Now I will really concentrate on the health of Tremayne too and of course Vicki as it is critical for them and Timo to stay healthy too. God is the great healer, the perfect physician- I guess this is nothing for Him to take care of, huh?!! We are with you all in prayer giving thanks and with faith and hope for everyone's restoration to complete health!<3, Jan Mosher (Susy's sis)

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Thank you Tracie for taking the time to update the rest of us. I have only been able to get on line periodically but have been checking regularly on my iphone and praying and rejoicing with each report.
Our love to all of you.

Unknown said...

One of the first things we do (Amanda,John and I) each morning is check to see how Timo and you all are doing via e-mail! We are still praying for you all! We serve an AWESOME God!