Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday

My morning began early as I sought what I thought God would have me lead our ladies in this morning at prayer meeting. For a couple of weeks I have felt an anticipation for this morning. We had a great group of ladies join and most importantly the Lord meet with us. I know those present will never be the same. After prayer most of us enjoyed lunch at the Garden Cafe.

Prior to going to the church Vicki and I texted for a few minutes. Timo has been dizzy and a little nauseated, but otherwise about the same. Without God he may have reached his point of recovery. Timothy's doctor did tell him if he doesn't get better he is still 'blessed'. Of course we know that God is with him. One of my step-sisters is employed by Texas Children's Hospital. She is endeavoring to facilitate Timothy's medical needs stateside.

Kent and I took most of the day 'off'. We drove the backroads to the new outlet mall in Houston. It was a really hot day but we still enjoyed just being together. The highlight of the day was after returning, we enjoyed dinner at Brio Tuscan Grille. Yummmmm We topped off our relaxing dinner with Creme' Brule.

I'm looking forward to a wonderful day in church tomorrow. I pray each of you enjoyed a blessed Sunday!

5 comments:

Susan Hill said...

Thanks for the update! I don't feel that this is the the full point of recovery! We are believing for complete healing! But, as you mentioned, Thank God for life! Glad you got away!

Susan Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAN said...

Hey Sis Smith - this morning was wonderful. Such an incredible liberty in the sanctuary - just ladies praying together. Of course, your words and direction were so timely - we must take care of ourselves. Thank you for admonishing us how important it is as wives and mothers to care for ourselves.
So many of us really do have the old "Super Mom Syndrome", feeling we HAVE TO take care of everything and everyone, never caring for our own needs. Yes, and the end product of this is a burned out mama. I don't ever want to be a burned out Christian. Been too close, and it's not worth it. I want to make sure that I take extra good care of my relationship with Jesus.
Thank you again for this morning. (even though I "complained" about the early hour - hahaha!!!)

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome about your ladies meeting and your step sister that is going to do that for timo..I am so glad Timo is where he is and that doctor is right, Timo is blessed!!!! even though at some points it may not seem like it!!!!


o and i love the new outlet mall it is neat!!!!!

ByNanasHands said...

Our God is a faithful God...in His hands miracles have and will continue to happen. In this day and age we are all in a hurry...hurry here, hurry there, I need it now, I can't wait....everything WILL come in God's own time...patience is a virtue we must all strive for...glad to hear Timo is still doing well....just remember to "be still, and know I am God"....prayers to you all..

Melana