Saturday, August 2, 2008

I talked with Timo!

I was just able to talk ever so briefly with Timothy. He definitely is understanding and communicating. He sounds very very weak though. I told him about so many people checking on him. I told him he was a celebrity now. He 'tried' to laugh. I told him I was praying he could come to the states really soon he agreed that was a good idea!

Vicki said he ate very little of his mashed potates and gravy but that's too be expected. He decided he wanted to walk to his bathroom. Of course he had to have help. Vicki said he doesn't have good coordination at this point and doesn't walk normal. Sis. Simoneaux was able to video him. She'll be coming home Monday and I know my Mom will want to spend some time with her getting all the details. He still can not hear out of the left ear. Additionally, his right eye does not open unless he is told to open it and then it closes very quickly. All these things are hopefully only temporary. Dr. Bartlette did say he doesn't seem to have any severe neurological problems.

Timo is a child later in life and we have always spoiled him rotten. Vicki said there can only be two people at a time in PICU with him. Sis. Simoneaux, Tremayne and Vicki are rotating. When one is gone too long he starts asking for them. Lauren texted her Mother earlier this morning for to tell Timo she loves him. When Vicki told him he said, "Of course she does everyone loves me!" Lauren replied, "The Dork". Sibling rivalry is starting back! Vicki said Lauren thinks Timothy is loving all the attention he is getting! ha Later, sweet Lauren called and talked with him despite him picking on her!

When talking with Vicki and Timonty I realized this is going to be a very long road to recovery without a miracle. Vicki is able to read some of your comments each night. She is hoping to print them soon so she and Timothy can enjoy going thru them. She laughed that Timo may get the 'big head'. Seriously, though each of you will never know how much your comments and prayers mean to them during this time.

Enjoy your Saturday!

14 comments:

Karla said...

Tracie, I know it seems like a long road to recovery, but the most exciting thing at this point is that there is a road to recovery!!! Thank you Jesus!!! So many miracles have already happened - I just can't wait to see how God completes this process!!

Love you and continuing to pray!

Karla

Susan Hill said...

What a joy it was for you to talk to him!! "And again, I say, Rejoice!" Stephen & Susan Hill

Sis. Susan Roen said...

How exciting for you to talk with Timo!!!!!! And, his banter with Lauren sounds good too. Yes, God is going to finish the work....even if it takes a while. His body has been through a lot but it will recover, I believe that with all my heart. Maybe his "big head" will get "smaller" in the process! LOL! And it is good to laugh again. Love you all, Susy

Anonymous said...

it is so wonderful how far along he has come!!!I am so glad timo is ok i have been so worried but I am so thankful and to GOD be the glory!!!!
Love,
Kendall Gage
from Magnolia Apostolic Tabernacle

iluv2prshim said...

Thank the Lord for His miraculous touch on Timo! We are continuing to pray in California. We pray that God give him a speedy recovery. He is well able.

I hope Redonia is better. :)
Blessings,
Nathan and Ronda Hurst
Hollister, CA

Anonymous said...

From Rockford IL :

I will keep friends here praying for the ongoing daily process of healing for Timo! Yes!!Now that he is "back" this is by no means the time to stop praying but to pray even harder and more earnestly for God to continue His good work in and thru Timo! Also continued prayers for health for Tremayne, and all that the parents siblings and family need each and every day !! I am sure altho joyful thankful and hopeful , exhaustion sets in and can really create problems so praying esp for needed rest !! Jan Mosher(Susy's sis)

Cylinda Nickel said...

We are still pouring on the prayers. He has brought him so far so quickly and HE will continue to do it. WE all love Timo and we know that GOD is going to keep doing a quick work. Love your guts Timo-

Cylinda Nickel
Cylinda@upwithmks.com

amberle said...

LAst nigth at our all night kids prayer meeting I got to talk about Timo. The church in Herrick where Aunt Lyn and I had the meeting had alredy been praying but it was such a joy to be able to update the kids with the good news!!! God is so good!!

Amberle

Anonymous said...

God is Awesome! I thank him for the answered prayers. My pastor Bro. Welch was diagnosed with Hyperphilegic Migranes, which can cause paralyses. A couple of weeks ago he was hospitalized with no feeling in his right arm or leg. After therapy and many prayers he is now home and able to walk. To God be the Glory! We never know what God is doing, but this has brought our church family really close. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose. God Bless Timo.
Love and Prayers, First Apostolic Church, Ripley Tennessee. Sis Susie

Paula said...

Great report! We continue to pray for strength and restoration...and rest...for everyone involved.

And Sis. Tracie, you are definitely the favorite aunt - we'll give you that honor. :) (Although I know some other "real" aunts who might argue that fact. Ha!) The rest of us are just adopted. :) (And believe me, when I was able to go in and see him the other day, I thought of the family back home, and wished that you could be there instead of me -- as happy as I was to be there. I appreciated the 'specialness' of the moment and would have traded places with you if I could have.) Wishing I could have stayed longer to help out some more, but thank the Lord for those missionaries who are close enough to help daily.

KAN said...

I loved what "Karla" said at the first comment -- thank God that there is a road to recovery. God is SO GOOD.

That ought to be our "MANTRA" tomorrow at church, Sis Smith. I can just hear our church rocking with praises under the anointing of the Holy Ghost that "God is good, all the time; and all the time, God is good."

Stand and see the power of God.

Danan said...

We are shouting and praising God for every victory for Timo!!! Hannah is requesting prayer in every service we're in for him. Keep the good reports coming!

Love you much,
Danan

Anonymous said...

I praise the Lord for what He is doing for Timo.
God is indeed an Awesome God!

Still praying for Timo and the family.

In Love,
Susan, Henry, Aaron, and Sarah
Ky

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Just read all the updates. God is GOOD!!!

"Shout with the Voice of Triumph, Shout with the Voice of Praise, Shout unto God for the Victory!!!"

The road of recovery... hand in hand with Jesus, every step of the way. Sis Karla said it so well, there is a road, and we know Who opened it!!!
Timothy, God is with you!!!
I could go on I am so excited and thankful for this miracle.