Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Morning Update

I just called Vicki and Timo is resting. He had a rough night and has had a rough day today. He has a lot of pain in his head and neck. The vomiting did not persist. The doctor was called in and checked him very thoroughly. In fact more blood work was ordered. Thankfully the markers are down for the Meningitis. The doctor explained he is just having a bad day and is still a sick little boy. He said we will see more of these days but he is proud of Timothy's progress.

He doesn't feel Timothy is eating enough to promote healing and is going to give him another day or two to try really hard. If he can't tolerate the food and/or get a stronger appetite he wil insert a feeding tube. I think Timo will do his best! Vicki said shortly after his lunch tray was delivered and he did eat a little just not very much. This was progress!

Dr. Bartlette explained that Timothy will have to remain hospitalized for another 10 -12 days to complete the necessary medications that are given intraveneously. Timothy cried and said he didn't want to stay in the hospital. His parents explained they were going to work on getting tickets to the States and it would take that long. Timothy cheered up really quick and was excited. They told him they would go and buy some board games. Once he can sit up they will have fun playing games and the 2 wks will pass quickly. Hopefully then he will be off to Texas! YES!!! (I think I'll plan a party!)

Currently, Sis. Simoneaux is with Timothy. David and Donna Flowers have taken Vicki & Tremayne to eat. These folks are great! They have stayed right on top of things with my family. Additionally, when we were working to get Timo moved to Joburg. Donna called me numerous times. She was sharing with me the level of care he would receive in Joburg and etc. She was endeavoring to give me information so I could comfort Mom. Donna you will NEVER know what you have meant to our entire family. Love you, girl!

Vicki sounded upbeat again! I know prayers are their strength. I know with prayer Timo will be back in his chair tomorrow. He is medicated now so he will not be able to get up. Vicki said they have to assist him turning and etc at this point due to the pain. Let's focus on praying it will quickly subside.

Ok, everyone this is the day that the Lord hath made! Let's have church for Vicki, Tremayne, and Timo. Most Sundays they go to several churches. In fact the first Sunday Timo was sick they had 3 churches to attend. They left Timo with a cell phone in case he got too sick. Timo would want to pray with a child today to receive the Holy Ghost and would want to do a 'dance'.

Again my thoughts are what would we do without the Lord?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Jan Mosher in Rockford Il (Susy's sis) :
I woke up and took a walk and prayed and of course Timo , V&T and all family were in my prayers however I didnt read the most recents updates and prayer requests until now - yes! I will be praying much for these symptoms and uncomfortableness to leave and that he may be stronger,have a better appetite to get the nourishment he needs to heal & patience for V&T as this road may be a bit longer than their hearts desire. God has given them Timo, shown them His great power and love and now in His time (rats! not ours!) He is gonna complete the physical healing process !! I pray the sickness and head and neck pain, and vomiting will leave quickly --thanks to God for the wonderful medical staff !!! Will check in later --oh! we had a GREAT praise and worship last nite in our Sat service so I already had my church for Vicki!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sis. Tracie, you don't know me but we are Family. We learned about Timo through our Iowa District prayer co-ordinator. When we received the first report, my sister and her husband, Bro. and Sis. Allan Shalm, missionaries to Pakistan were at our place. Immediately we surrounded my computer and prayed. Allan is so powerful in the Spirit and his intercession was intense. Distance does not limit prayer or God's power! Your little nephew, his precious family and all of you are surrounded!!!!! (Times like these do take a trememdous toll on the care-givers)

Sis. Janice Rutter
Knoxville, Iowa.

Valerie said...

Still praying for Timo and I am excited to hear how God is working. We are very thankful about the progress already made.

I am also still praying for Bro. and Sis. Simoneaux during this time and that God would bless them peace and abundant strength.

God is awesome and never fails us. I agree with you, where would we be and what would we do without the Lord?

I don't want to find out.

Lord bless you greatly!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings in the lovely name of Jesus Christ from your brothers and sisters in Christian Life Cente - Cleveland, Texas. I work with your Brother Scott and from the very beginning we have been praying for Timo. We will continue to hold him up before the Lord and pray for his complete recovery.

Unknown said...

Greetings in the Wonderful Name of Jesus!

My name is Jacque Chance and my mother-in-law, Sis. Frances Chance, visited Vicki and Tremayne when they were statiioned in Zimbabwe. We have been praying for Timo and know that God has 'all things in His control'. We know that God will keep Timo, Vicki and Tremayne safe and will bring complete healing to Timo. Our church family, Promise Center, Pastored by Chad King and his wife Heidi (formerly Grandquist)in Santa Rosa, CA will be praying for healing, strength & encouragement for both Timo and his mom and dad.

Rochelle said...

I will continue to pray for him and the entire family. I know this is beginning to take its toll on everyone mentally and physically and I know that God is making gold out of each of you. I love your attitude, you are example to us all. Love ya!