Saturday, August 23, 2008

Positive Results

Have you ever experienced wanting something to be successful yet feeling apprehensive due to conditions beyond your control? For YEARS CUPC has hosted an annual Kidz Day. This is something that was a dream of mine and we have found it to be successful. This year seemed to hit some snares along the way.

The first slide that was posted looked awesome but didn't contain enough detail. It didn't mention anything about a Kidz Event, prize, etc. I failed to mention to our secretary or Redonia to make the necessary changes for a few services. For some reason I have just felt that there wasn't enough team work on the project. There wasn't disunity but 'everyone' just wasn't in the know. It wasn't until this week that musicians/singers really got involved and a few similar details. Yes, I'm probably OCD but I jumped in the mix! Everyone was feeling confident and smooth except me. Then the emails start coming in with lots of questions. Now I'm feeling less confident! Redonia and Deadra worked together to create a flyer for outreach. They showed it to me and immediately I realized it was missing detail. There was no mention of prizes, the church name was missing, and again no mention of it being a Kidz Day. After the girls added the missing info for some strange reason Deadra had issues printing it. She is a perfectionist so she kept working at it until it looked perfect.

For weeks outreach has been in bulletins, announcments, and even since last Fall on the church on-line calendar. Well, people forgot, had real emergencys, or real situations that could not be helped. Again, I worried knowing the burden I felt for this event. One by one people appeared for outreach and we had a better than normal turnout. As soon as the group I was with got to the apartment complex, Deadra noticed the flyer did not have the time of the event. Uggghhh...we had to add it to the announcement. This is definitely not CUPC style. Soon the cell phones started ringing as the other groups discovered the problem. Deadra and I asked them to add it to the flyer.

We met quite a few new people today. We have 34 people committed to riding the 15 passenger van! This does not include the people from the apartments 1 block from the church. They just walk. Nor does the 34 include the people who will provide their own transportation. I made some phone calls today and we have a few extra people going to help us tomorrow. We are taking 3 personal vehicles plus the church van. Pray God will soon bless us with a school bus.

Our church was converted to a laboratory. The practice was incredible tonight. Our musicians and singers were totally awesome. The praise service will be very high energy. There was lots of lights, sound effects, and action. I love the glow in the dark props. Courtney and the entire group has done an awesome job!

Deadra stated earlier in the week something good is surely going to come from this weekend. I agree!!! Pray our results are positive. I hope to post pictures. I'd love to post a video of our praise team & band. We've been blessed with awesome talent.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I'm sure this is going to be the most incredible Kidz Day you've ever had!!! Can't wait to hear what God does tomorrow!