Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday Night Update

Allow me to give excerpts of an email I received from Vicki:

Tonight, the Flower's and the Smith's (Karl, Mary & Gavin) stopped by with a WONDERFUL present from Gavin. He made Timo a very sweet card and some chocolate dipped brownies - ummmm wonderful! The nurse let them come in 2 at a time plus me for a few minutes to pray with Timo. (strict rules - parents and grandparents ONLY and then only 2 at a time) While Mary and Donna was praying I was looking at Timo's face. His eyes were closed and he got the SWEETEST smile on his face - to cry for smile! I tapped Mary and interrupted her prayer to point at Timo's smile - he was LOVING the prayer and the Presence of the Lord! Today the song "The presence of the Lord is here, the presence of the Lord is here, I feel Him in the atmosphere" has been going through my head.

Later I went back in and he was all smiles - probably the most alert he had been all day. I came on back to the room to sleep. I will go relieve Tremayne at 4:30 and he will come sleep a few hours. Tonight we do have a recliner in the 'bay' with Timo because he has to sit up in it some each day now. That should make Tremayne's night a bit more comfortable than last night.

Forgot to mention that Timo is having trouble keeping his right eye lid open. I had told the Flowers and Smiths that before they went in. Wouldn't you know it - Bro. Flowers said something and Timo opened up both eyes just as wide as ever - kids, will make a liar out of you every time HA!

Also, most of you know that Timo asked to walk to the bathroom this evening. Since he is in PICU it is not right in his bay/room. It is out in the common area. (little bit of a walk) As his nurse and I walked him - ever so uncoordinated and wobbly - the entire PICU staff and other parents clapped and cheered him on. He is such a testimony!

The speciality nurse that was called in for him his first night was on duty today - she told him - "On Wednesday night when we received you - NEVER would I have believed you would be walking by even next Wednesday night."

Thanks again and love you all!



Let's all have church tomorrow. There is a difference you know in going to church and having church!!!!

10 comments:

Dianne said...

Timo, Bro. & Sis. Simoneaux,

Just wanted you to know, that have been reading the comments on the Miracle that he has given Timo. Monday night at prayer meeting had a strong burden to pray for you all, not knowing what was about to take place. I have always been excited about the Missionaries and there children. Then also having a burden for them. It is an Awesome thing to be a part of. I had met Sis. Simoneaux at last years Kids Prayer Conference @ Headquarters in St. Louis. You all are in my thoughts & prayers. GOD is Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Bro & Sis Simoneaux, there is a BIG BIG smile across this world today/tonight. Another testimony for the Simoneaux family. Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Vicki,

It is good to hear your 'bubbly' personality coming through your e-mail. What a tough situation but God has been faithful! We will rejoice with you in service tomorrow (Sunday). BTW, give Sis Carol and Tremayne a hug for us.

Love, David & Clauding Bunch

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow! Yes, Sis. Smith, I agree - let's all HAVE church tomorrow! This song is also stuck in my head...."Shout with the Voice of Triumph, Shout with the Voice of Praise, Shout unto God for the Victory!!!" We will continue praying for everyone - we love all of you! The Weldons, Conroe, TX

Susan Hill said...

That email had the mother's love all through it. I have tears over here!! Thank God for every little thing He has done. Yes, Let's have church!!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Praise the Lord! I love to see how God works all of HIS miracles. He is GOOD all the time. I am ready to rejoice tomorrow in church with all of Gods people about the sweet miracles, victories, faithfulness and blessings we have all seen this week. We love you Timo & Bro. & Sis. Simoneaux. The Backhus Family

Anonymous said...

Our prayers have been for Timothy and with you folks, Bro. & Sis. Simoneaoux ever since Susanna called to tell us what happened with Timothy. We are glad to hear that he is doing much better and on the way to recovery. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers; especially Timothy. Love in Jesus; Sis. John Dinwiddie

Anonymous said...

We rejoice with you all.

Still praying and believing.

Love,
Susan, Henry, Aaron, Sarah, and Nannie
Ky

Anonymous said...

I am always so excited to check in and see what great news of improvement there has been w/ Timo since the last time !!! Thanks for sharing so much of your lives with us!! It is a great testimony and God has used the past week's events for HIs Glory and you have truly been blessed with Timo's life !! Still praying for renewed strength and recovery for him! And how is Tremayne? Praying for the entire family and medical staff too! Jan Mosher (Susy's sis from Rockford IL)

Anonymous said...

Dear Simoneaux Family,
I have kept up with the blog everyday since Tuesday (the night I found out about Timo). Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers continuously. I feel that I have shared similar emotions throughout this tribulation. I have laughed at Timos sarcasm, cried at the setbacks and yet felt hopeful at all times. I am praying for Gods complete and full recovery, as I know He is the provider of all our needs.
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your miracle.
Sincerely,
Ashli Salman (Turley)