Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kidz Day Update

CUPC outreach efforts were not positive as I stated in the previous post. The outcome was superlative, fantabulous, grand, magnificent, etc. I hope I am being clear in my writings. The results far more than exceeded our expectations.

Redonia and Matthew led dynamic praise and worship kidz style. The band accompanied them on some songs. The praise team was totally fantastic singing along, too. The kids participated in every song. While we have attended many camps and children’s crusades never have I seen an equal to today’s event. Top notch, Courtney, Redonia, Matthew, Deadra, Mickey and everyone who worked so hard!!!! Redonia also lead a very vibrant kid’s silent choir in a couple of high energy songs. The kids were awesome! Matthew and Mickey Blagg gave away approximately 40 door prizes. The gifts ranged from slime to school supplies to science projects to play dough to remote controls to Sonic cards. The kids loved getting prizes. Matthew, Zach, and Trent did an awesome skit which taught the children about the power of the name of Jesus. Several cool scientific experiments were used. The stage set was glow in the dark. It looked great!!!

I KNEW today was going to be great. I arranged for extra vehicles to help get outreach children to church. Still my faith was not strong enough. My parents just bought a brand new fancy minivan. Guess what at approximately 10 AM I had to call Mom to bring her new van to fill it up with kids. We had 51 outreach children today plus our regular children plus other visiting children. We also had Moms and Dads visiting. How cool is that???? I had the names of 34 kids who were suppose to attend. When we got to the apartments kids started coming from everywhere. I’ve never seen some of them.

I’m worn out…totally wiped out….but I’m so pumped. I’m not sure I can take a nap. Oh let me share a funny on myself. Well, obviously I worked hard this morning – in and out of apartments, up and down stairs, and in and out of the van. Today I decided to wear a new outfit. It’s a pretty brown jacket with big trendy buttons. Well in all of my ups and downs and in and outs 2 of my 3 buttons came unstitched. I had one button left at the neck and no more. I just had to wrap the jacket closed till we got to the church. Thankfully I found the buttons in the floor of the van and was able to pin them on. Of all the mornings in the world, I didn’t have a tank top under the jacket……oh well; the day was a dynamic terrific day!!! I hope your day is blessed, too.

6 comments:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

What an awesome day we had!

Valerie said...

That is fabulous!! I am glad that all your hard work paid off and you had awesome service!!

Sounds so great, wish I had been there. :)

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I'm so glad you had a GREAT day at CUPC. It sounds like God exceeded all expectations. Praises to HIM who sits on the throne.

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Awesome news, Tracie!!!!! I wish I could import your team! They sound more than fantastic!!!!! I am especially excited to hear that some parents came. We had a Back to School service and picnic today too. We gave away school supplies to all the kids who came. Next year we will do something even bigger!!! Love you all!

Mandy said...

I don't think it gets any better! This is exciting! I am just believing to hear more and more about the great things God is doing everywhere! It sounds like you all had it going on! I pray it just keeps getting bigger and better, tell you mom I'm sorry about her mini van but I hope she has to wear it out becaus the kids just keep coming!!!

Karla said...

I KNEW it would be a great report!! Thanks for letting us be a small part of your day.

(LOL!!! About the jacket!)