Sunday, August 17, 2008

Giving Honor


Repeatedly the past week I have thought how thankful I am for Trent's growth, maturity, and willingness to work. Trent is employed full-time by Conroe United Pentecostal Church. He goes beyond the call of duty. He is a HARD worker. Allow me to name some of the things he does from week to week. Trent leads praise and worship each Wednesday night. He promotes worship to the very best of his ability. He plays the drums and helps to coordinate our music. He spends hours making loops and practicing. He is Youth Pastor and teaches the youth class on Sunday mornings. This requires lots of hours planning and preparing. His Friday nights are spent with the youth. He is our high school Biology, Chemistry, Algebra I and Geometry teacher using the A Beka Curriculum. He attends many of the maintenance needs of the church/school since our maintenance director is a volunteer. He does hospital visitations and outreach.

Trent is faithful to all functions of the church. Regardless if the function is hosted by a department he is apart, Trent involves himself. Recently our Bible Quiz went to Nationals and had to do several fundraisers. Trent was the auctioneer at their cake auctions, assisted with a car wash, and moved 'junk' back and forth for the garage sale. Trent loves CUPC and is constantly sharing ideas with his dad and me how we can make it a better place for those who call CUPC home.

Each of the full-time ministers Kent has hired have been totally awesome. We have loved and respected each of them and each have done exactly what they were hired to do. This post in no way is a reflection to either of the three men who preceeded Trent. They each had stronger pulpit abilties than Trent. However, none of them taught Sunday School nor was involved in music at the level Trent is. Additionally only Bro. P. was youth pastor.

Trent just keeps doing more and more and more and more. From the early days of us beginning the church Trent had a love for it. At the age of 4 when we would get in the car, Trent would ask if we were going to teach another Bible Study. Trent, we can give you task or a duty but I know it is your passion for revival and growth that causes you to keep giving more. Thanks,Bub, for not viewing this as a 'job' but rather letting it be your heartbeat. Your zeal and energy is going to help facilitate growth in many areas.

Saturday Kent and I went by the church around 4 pm. Guess who was working to ensure everything is ready for church tomorrow??? Later a little birdie told me Trent was back at the church working. Around 10:00 pm Kent and I went by the church. Guess who was in the church working????

Kent has not allowed Trent much pulpit time to date. I know, however, since Trent is starting his ministry in the 'trenches' God will help him with his preaching. I must add when he does get a microphone you can definitely feel the anointing of the Lord.

Trent's hard work has not gone unnoticed. I appreciate the way Trent strives to draw others in and form teams. I know there are many great people @ CUPC who help Trent but allow me to say "THANKS, Trent, for your passion and burden. CUPC will certainly be a better place because of you."

9 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh, Sis Smith, brag on your boy!!! What momma wouldn't?

Trent is an extremely passionate and loving man of God!

It's truly a blessing to see Trent develope into the man God has called him to be.

We at CUPC are truly blessed to have him with us!!!

I absolutely LOVE Trent Smith!!!

KAN said...

You know, Sis Smith, you couldn't talk about Trent without me adding "my two cents". But when talking about the Bro Trent Smith of right now at Conroe UPC, I feel it will be more like a dollar's worth!!!

The growth and maturity of Trent is truly visible in every service. I do want to disagree with you in one area though: you feel that the men preceding Trent had "stronger pulpit abilities", and I really don't. The ANOINTING that rests on Trent EVERY TIME he is in the pulpit is beyond incredible.

I have been in church for over 26 years, and I have seen that kind of everytime, all time anointing in VERY FEW men. And generally they have been seasoned evangelists. Not just a snot nosed kid of 20! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIS MINISTRY IN 20 YEARS!!!

I was so glad that Bro Wofford pulled him out to talk to him today. I have felt for many weeks now, that Trent was ready to move forward in his pulpit / altar ministry, but was feeling a lack of confidence -- you know, the "I'm just 20 years old. These people have known me since I was a little boy. Who am I to lay hands on them and pray for them" kind of insecurity. I went up to him today, praying for him, asking him to seek God's Holy boldness in his ministry.

Again, I can't wait to see what God is going to do with Trent, and of course, his gorgeous wife, Calah. It has to be almost unimaginable, because it is so fabulous now.

I look at our "older young adults", seeing the Hand of God VISIBLY working in their lives and KNOW that "for such a time as this". Conroe UPC - watch out!!! We're getting ready to explode!!!

Carrie Blair said...

I love Trent and Calah and pray for them everyday! I am thankful for fresh ideas and songs. I know that he and Calah are going to allow the Lord to use them mightly!

Tracie Smith said...

Thank you ladies! I ALMOST deleted the post after I wrote it. Then after what happened in today's service, I KNEW there was no reason. It was obvious that even others KNOW Trent is here for 'such a time as this'. For a couple of days I have felt exactly what Bro. Wofford told Trent under the anointig today. I also KNOW that Bro. Wofford didn't want Trent to leave TBC but as he said today he feels Trent is in the PERFECT will of God. God is doing great things in not only my children but in this entire age group right now. To God be the glory!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

I too love Trent....he is like a brother to me! He has grown up to be a most incredible, fine young man. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him and Calah. They make a good team. Don't feel guilty by bragging on your boy....he well deserves it. Love you, bub!

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, it's okay to "give honor" to your son! I love to hear about our children who are "used by God"! Satan would love to get them and use them for his "gain", so I LOVE it when our Apostolic young people are on fire, and ready to work in God's Kingdom!

We enjoyed seeing ya'll Friday night. I also enjoyed the time we got to spend together. Love you!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

A great tribute to your son!!

Susy

Karen J. Hopper said...

You have every right to give tribute to your son. It gives a mother so much comfort in knowing her children are involved in the work of God. Wonderful post.

Kari Morgan said...

Whoa girl you've been super busy in blogdom!!! I have been meaning to post a comment on this particular post. Simply because I am so impressed with how awesome your kids have grown up to be! You should write a book for young moms...I had no idea Trent married Calah Hicks...that is soooo awesome. We have great memories of her and her family at AT. I even used to babysit Kaitlyn! Anyhow, congrats on such a beautiful family.