Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wow! CUPC has some AWESOME People

Yesterday I received several reports of the way people are being CARED for! I'm totally overwhelmed.....In fact we have been journaling when we hear about it. I receive emails almost every single day of someone being blessed because someone CARED for them.

MANY and I say many of our people are CARING. People are sending text messages, making phone calls, sending cards, passing out hugs, giving desserts, having people over, and on and on the list goes. I love being the pastor's wife. Yesterday I got two emails from people letting me know how people in the church reached out to them.

Sunday morning a 'newer' lady came to me and said she had brought a pie to church and wanted to give it to someone. She mentioned a lady that has a need in her family and asked if I thought it would be ok if she presented them the pie. Wow!!!!

CARE is being shown to new converts and to people who have been around the church longer. We've had times in the church were we reached out all the time. While this is good sometimes those within get overlooked. Then we have had times where we have spent most of our efforts having to tend to the needs within. Wow that really created some monsters of selfishness. I can truly say that today CARE is transforming our church...No one is intentionally going unnoticed.

CARE would not be possible if it weren't for the AWESOME group of people that calls CUPC home. It's our goal that no one feels like a newcomer long. In fact even if you are new you can reach out to someone else. CARING for others gives a sense of belonging.

As a pastor's wife since MANY from our congregation have caught our burden I can truthfully say my worries have been lightened. If you read this blog and you attend another church help your pastor's wife....find people every week to show you CARE. If you are a pastor's wife introduce this concept to your people...I promise you will not be disappointed. If you are a member of CUPC reading thank you for CARING!!!

3 comments:

Misti Ferguson said...

Thanks for leading us in this area...truly it is more blessed to give than to receive! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that the Lord is working the same everywhere! I could have just placed MAT in every place you typed CUPC and it would have fit the same! I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is getting the Church ready for a great influx of souls.

Keep up the good work CUPC. You have brothers and sisters at MAT who are on the same page!

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd better explain what MAT is to those who don't know...Magnolia Apostolic Tabernacle in Magnolia.