Wednesday, February 4, 2009

a FUNNY and our life today

Well, atleast it was funny to Redonia, Kent , & me. Yesterday Kent was so proud of himself for working on his health issues. (He's diabetic and it takes work) He called and was leaving the YMCA. Of course we normally communicate from point to point in case the other needs something. I did this time! I asked him to go by the grocery store to pick something up. When he was in the store I called and called and texted and texted but he didn't answer. When he got back in the car he texted "Sorry I forgot my phone in the car. Do you need something else." I texted back "No, it's ok". Then I texted "c u n a min" After about 5 minutes he texted back "Cinnamon or Cummin" I texted my message back. Then he called me he said "Tracie, I have a lady helping me look for Cummin but did you mean cinnamon?" I just hollered! Then I said, "Oh babe, I'm sorry I said c u n a min (spelling what I typed). Babe that was my abbreviation for see you in a minute." He did a little ha ha but not really a laugh at that point. He quickly got off the phone to inform the little lady

I hung up the phone and told Redonia all about it. She laughed and laughed. Redonia tells me all the time my texts can be confusing and needs an interpreter sometimes! Most times I don't have on my glasses...I still haven't adjusted fully to my blackberry and I make lots of spelling errors!Oh well, I'm thankful for the laugh....Kent and I have been really busy the past few weeks.

I bought him a golf membership which he has played twice, I believe. By afternoon he just gets busier and hasn't had time to stop to play. He's cancelling that membership and joined the YMCA. I'm proud of him he got up with the chickens and worked out this morning. Also, the Y membership is 1/2 of the golf membership. Hummmm does that mean I can go to SteinMart. Teasing....

Oh, well today is another busy day. We are going to visit an elderly lady, have a baby being born today, have a doctor's appointment today, have church tonight, and all the other things that might come along our path.

I'm looking forward to church tonight!!! Can't live without an occasional laugh and sure can't make it withough CHURCH! Try to find a laugh today...it really does do good as medicine does for our bodies....Then if your church as service tonight be sure and go!

Hugs, loves, and laughs to my friends!

9 comments:

Tamara Frazier said...

Sister Smith, you dont need an interpreter...you are just part of a very special group of people who occasionally do silly things and often give people something to laugh about! Welcome to my world. We love you here!

Susan Hill said...

I think that is hilarious! I knew what you meant as soon as I saw it! LOL I'm suprised that Kent didn't come home with one or the other just for his prides sake with the lady! Have a wonderful day!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Too funny. Loved it.

Karla said...

Oh my goodness!! Thanks for this laugh. I knew what you meant - but the picture of Kent in the store looking for a spice is awesome!!! LOL!!

Jewel said...

That is so funny, Sis. Smith! When I looked at it I knew what it meant but I also saw the "cumin" and "cinnamon" that your husband saw. *sigh* My husband probably would have done the same thing!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Might I simply say that after 27 years I am still seeking the gift of interpretation where the owner of this blog is concerned.....

Also I am glad that everybody can now see what a good sport Tracie is married to....

And you shoulda seen the look on the little old lady's face when I hung up the phone and told her, "Ma'am, my wife and I have issues with communication" and left her standing there.....

She had just been telling me that she took CUNAMIN as a blood thinner.....

Linda Elms said...

LOL!! That's priceless! LOL! I, too knew what you meant, but I see where he's coming from, also. LOL! Send it to the Reader's Digest! You might make some money.

Keith and Carla said...

I love it!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Belinda said...

All I can say is "HAHAHAHA BRO S HAD A "BLONDA" MOMENT....LOL
Excuse me while I wipe the tears from my eyes that was so funny. Love ya'll