Thursday, February 5, 2009

Exercise .... what kind???

So Kent got up and was @ the YMCA exercising @ 6:00 am. Redonia left about 7:45 pm to exercise with a couple of friends. I think they are trying to show me up. Here I sit still feeling as tired as I did when I went to bed last night and as tired as I was when I got up this morning. What have I accomplished today I ask myself.

My accomplishments haven't been many. However, they have been GREAT! I communicated with a few friends via email and text. I observed as Redonia almost finished her new website. I planned a couple of events for the church. Calah called and said she needed my help. How could I not help my daughter-in-law so off to the office I went! You gotta help your girls. This afternoon Deadra needed me to help her with some church stuff. I was much too exhausted to go to the office so she loaded up her work and came to the house. A home office is nice every now and then. Most importantly, I sat in my chair and relaxed. Speaking of exercise...what's that????

One of my new friends emailed she has been thinking about me today and praying for me. She encouraged me to do something for myself. Aaaahhhh it just made my day! I try to send happy notes to friends. Now I know why I enjoy sending random notes. It sure does feel good to get a friendly note. Well, if sitting in my living room in my chair is for me...I ACCOMPLISHED! Thanks Rhonda from GA for the note! I have to say from GA 'cause I have a Rhonda from AL and a Ronda from CA. I love ALL my Rhonda's or Ronda's. In fact I LOVE all my friends.

Kent just called on his way home from a remodel project @ the church. He's bringing me a Starbucks Decaf Carmel Frap. Yummmm now Rhonda that's for me!!! I feel buzzy tonight like oh no am I getting sick....I sure hope not! We have had about a dozen cases of strep in the church. A couple of cases of the flu and who knows what all else. I don't want any of that stuff. I battle an occasional seizure so this week I've decided to slow down....you know life gets busy and stressed and sometimes you just need to slow down....so for me my best exercise for now is park it in the chair with my feet propped up.

I think I'll get a little exercise when Kent comes home. I'll exercise my ability to drink thru a straw and enjoy the yummy flavor of my drink. Will I need more tonight? Well, I will make it to my garden tub. I think I will turn on the jets and enjoy a nice hot bath. How's more exercise for crawling into the bed and placing my head on my tempurpedic pillow????

Girls, I love you to pieces.....get you whatever kind of exercise feels best....You all deserve it!

3 comments:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

You need to rest. Stay home....you deserve it...love you!!!

Susan Hill said...

Glad you got time for yourself! That is always so nice!! I get my brother's 3 boys this weekend! 10, 12 & 14! Should be fun!! I'm used to girls!! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Been out-of-town a couple of days...glad to hear you got some rest. Hope you're feeling lots better! Praying your Sunday will be blessed!

Love & prayers,
Rhonda in GA:-)