Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking Back our Minds

Have you ever heard a man coming through you bedroom window. You know you heard it. Then you look in the direction of the window and you see it too. Only to realize it's a shrub or rose bush scraping against the window. Have you ever woke up and realized someone was coming at you only to realize it's something 'hangin' on your bedroom door? Where do these thoughts come from? Have you ever been dealing with a problem and go to bed unable to sleep? Then you 'play' it all out in your mind. Wow! It can become horrible....so horrible you can't sleep for three nights.

The above paragraph was the introuduction to my devotion @ Refresh, a ladies only prayer meeting @ CUPC today. Following are more random thoughts and scriptures I shared with the girls.

Negative thoughts & feelings (anger, resentment, fear & stress) towards yourself and others harms the body by slowing down growth & healing. This makes you more susceptible to disease and increases aging.

II Corininthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

We must take control of minds. Philipians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Often when going through a time of negativity, oppression, depression, mood swings, etc the devil thows a different tactic, isolation. Too often laides fall prey. Isolation is one of Satan’s most used methods. He wants to draw us out of healthy relationships and healthy meetings into secretive, unhealthy settings. He purposefully woos us away from those who might recognize the stronghold he is trying to place on us. A ploy of Satan is to keep us hindered from receiving complete victory in our lives. If you know someone who feels negative towards being associated in positive settings I urge you to pray God’s protection over your dear friend. Many times it’s too late once Satan completely isolates them. We can defeat the enemy thru togetherness or unity. Ecclesiastes 4:12 "A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-t0-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken."

I pray for discernment in my life. I want to discern the nature of those who may be troublemakers. I don't want their inner struggles to become my struggles. I don't want to be discouraged by them, I don't want their negative complaints to make me not enjoy something. Ever notice how one negative lady can turn 3 against a good wholesome church sponsored event? What a shame! Instead the 3 others should not listen to the one gripey soul! All to often the gripey soul is the most spiritual or at least wants all to perceive her as such. She prays the most, reads the Bible the most, and is definitely the most holy! Lord, help us to discern the truth.

Proverbs 16:28 "A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends." Troublemakers and those who have given their mind over to Satan can often be detected by their actions.

Following are a few things I've noticed that may help you recognize a negative person:
· always complaining about things, even it's in a rational, logical, "Well here's somehting for you to just think about" kind of way. (refute it you don't need to think over anything they offer!
· they notice the flaws in things (people, plans, church, ideas, events).
· have a tough time seeing the bigger, overall positive picture.
· If they see a flaw in something, they just have to speak up and say something about it.
· If other people are talking about the positive aspects of something, they have this urge to go, "Yeah, but..." and point out its negative aspects. They really aren't saying "yeah" but really spinning out their negatives.
· They get glee when being negative with someone else and tearing something down.
· Remember they aren’t anyone’s friend but rather simply will rant to anyone who will listen. How can they be your friend speaking negative to hinder your life...shut up and see what happens they just run to someone that will listen...they run from 'friend' to 'friend'....eventually they run back to someone who has listend in the past. They are many times smart enough to see when someone is down and just put them further down with their negative garbage.
· If something is going well, they have a dozen reasons why its really bad and will eventually go bad or why they can’t participate…usually made up reasons! Can't afford it, husband doesn't want them to participate, don't have a sitter, already have something planned, and on and on their list can roll...ever need an excuse...seek out a negative person they can supply you with many!
· They think positive people are naive, have low standards, and are impressed too easily.

Positive thoughts strengthens the immune system and lengthens life. Another good way to think positive is to THINK of ways to motive others to acts of love and kindness. Hebrews 10:23-24 "Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works." It's hard to be negative when you are mailing cards, sending emails, or text messages of encouragement. I purpose in my heart to regularly do such things. I enjoy giving and sending flowers to others. It is truly more blessed to give than to receive. One of those blessings is I can't be down when I'm cheering someone else up! While this past week I have mailed several cards, sent several thinking of you emails, and sent a few happy face text messages I want to do more. The more I think of others in a positive sense the more positive I become, too.

I am claiming this year as a year of setting free every lady from every thought that would exalt itself against the knowledge of God. Our minds can be submitted and obedient to God. A true friend will help a friend take back her mind. An idle man is the Devil's workshop....I will sing praises, I will think on the good things of God, I will think on the good things in life.

Ladies, free to add comments that maybe beneficial to helping others. Any negative comments will be deleted by the administrator! :)

Blessings for a thoughtful weekend....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracie, I will be the first to comment. Yours words today are such a great encouragement to me because it's perfect timing in my life. It is so so true. We can change alot of things (even physical symptoms)if we will think positive. I have been going through a battle with my health for many years that most don't know about and praying against fear. I wasn't able to be at church last Sunday and Nicole went down front to stand in prayer for me. Bro. McClain had her to call me with a word of faith to tell me of my HEALING! She was crying saying she had never felt the Holy Ghost so strong in her life. It was a huge step for her to do what she did because she is so reserved. But she is tired of her MOM feeling bad! I was so proud of her for getting out of her box! I don't feel that I've been the wife,mother,sister or saint that I should have been for so long. I've been on medication for 10 years. And it doesn't help as much anymore and all a Dr. wants to do is add another pill which I refuse to do. So I am trusting and believing that my GOD, my HEALER is going to take away every symptom that I've had with this disease. I ask you, Please have your church bind together with me and my family for my healing.
Love you & your family,
Lisa

JanaFloyd said...

Thank you so much for this post. It comes at a time when I feel I may have lost sight of that positivity that once was so natural. I want to read this over & over. I just needed a reminder. Thanks again!

Karen J. Hopper said...

How could anyone be negative after reading your post? The words spoke of the situation of a dear friend five hours from me. She has been plagued with many negatives, none of her own making. I'm giving her a call, and in a couple of weeks heading over to taking her on a lengthy luncheon visit.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouraging words. I am reading this for my husband who feels he is not needed in the church. He is faithful, but feels he has been hurt in trying to do anything in the church and has become more negative. I pray daily for him to get true victory that only comes from God. I read your blog daily and enjoy the encouragement I receive.