Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Persevere

Why is it easy to establish a new goal, decide to do something different, make a new plan, or begin doing something great? Why isn't it equally easy to CONTINUE? Perseverance is truly the test of the task.

Some personality types change easier than others. Some of us are like huge slow moving turtles in regards to change. One great thing about that huge slow turtle he will get there! I don't want to be like the beautiful fluffy bunny hopping from one thing to the next. We live in a subdivision with over one acre wooded lots. Hence we enjoy lots of wildlife. My favorite is the beautiful bunny rabbits. One thing I have observed in watching them is they certainly don't stay in one place very long. The slightest noise or flicker of light and they move on to another feeding place. In contrast turtles are longer living creature, too.

I've been working on being a more caring person. In order for me to accomplish my goal I have tried to incorporate care in my everyday living every way I possibly can. I will persevere I will not give up. I'm not perfect but like the old turtle I'm not giving up.

Today, I am working on a project to show 12 people I care. I can do this! I DO care....I am not going to be blinded or hindered from being the person I want to be. Every day I will persevere. Regardless to situations that arise I will still persevere.

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday. ~Author Unknown

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Loved this post!!! They say the longer it takes you to loose weight the harder it is to put it back on, maybe the longer it takes someone to change the harder it is to go back to your old ways. I don't know just a thought. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis. Smith,
I don't know you personally, but I almost feel that I do through reading your blog! I just wanted to tell you what an encouragement your posts are to me. I get on here every day to see what you'll be saying! =0) Sometimes your posts make me take a closer look at my own life, like today. I have tended to be the rabbit much of my life, but feel God is changing me into a turtle (oh no! that's not evolution is it? lol!). He's been changing me "slowly" - over a long period of time. Teaching me to be patient and realize that I don't have to give up the first time I fail...if I keep trying, He will help me get where He wants me to be. For the first time in a long time, I feel I'm actually meeting some important goals that before I just kept "hopping" around!
Anyhow...I just wanted to say thank you. God bless you, your family and CUPC

Karen J. Hopper said...

Amen! Great post.

Carrie said...

Made me think of that oj=ld Murrell Ewing song....you're gonna make it..you've got what it takes to win! Love you...great post!

Anonymous said...

I've lingered here today and have been blessed.

Thank you. The music is wonderful.

Tamara Frazier said...

your words have been an encouragement as always...thank you