Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Pastor's Wife....

Last night I asked my husband if I could stay home this morning. It isn't often that I ask for the day off but I just needed the day. I admit, I'm tired and have carried great pressures of late. Of course, I didn't really take the day off. I've done some work from home. This morning I sent an email to a few ladies to help me encourage a retired pastor's wife. Shortly thereafter I got a call to pray for a desperate need of another pastor's wife.

My mind has raced all morning to that of the cares of a pastor's wife. They love deeply, cry with some while at the same time rejoice with another, and love serving others. I can't imagine being anything else. I absolutely love our saints, our church, and our city. I have a sweet little retired widowed pastor's wife in our congregation who is incredible. Today she sits alone but I KNOW she still cares deeply for those she served for many years. I have another sweet friend in another district that is in desperate need of a touch from God today. She has given and given and worked and worked. Today my sweet friend feels empty. I understand her feeling yet I know God is going to fill my friend.

I guess caring for these two friends and even my own cares today has caused me to realize one thing:
How Great Thou Art

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

Thank You for YOUR greatness, Lord. Thank you that You are great and will refesh our souls to share with others. Lord, You truly are great.....HOW GREAT THOU ART!

5 comments:

Susan Hill said...

Thank you so much for your caring spirit! It has meant so much to me in the last few days and I can tell by your posts that it has meant the same to others! While you are obviously carrying your own burdens! My prayers are with you! I love you dearly!!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for these two special ladies and others that I may not even know. I couldn't have made it without people caring for me many years ago when I walked through the darkest valley of my life and then last July/August when my grandson, Timo was at death's door and so many carried him to the throne and our family. I never want to be selfish and not have time to pray and show others in need that I do care. Tracie, I am so thankful that I can truly say I know you care and you do show it.
love,
Mom/Shirley Patrick

Linda Elms said...

Pouring love into those who give love is definitely a wonderful ministry! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith, you are by far the best pastor's wife! I really appreciate you, and you are a great role model! I love you

Glenda said...

Thank you for being the Best Pastor's wife, a true friend, my sister, my advisor, a rock to lean on, prayer warrior... and the list goes on and on. Praying for you!!!Love ya lots!!!!!