Sunday, February 22, 2009

READ This.....CHECK This Out.....

To God be the glory now and forever........

Today was our annual World Missions Day. It's the day we take a sacrificial offering and renew our Faith Promise Commitments. Kent and I have worked hard to put together a nice sizeable offering of $2500. Kent had been saving money for golf clubs and that was our 'seed' money. Somehow it worked and we made our goal...by the hair of chiney chin chin but we made it! I have sweated it since I am very much a realist, budget minded, etc....This morning I got up early just to reconcile my checkbook one last time. I know I'm the pastor's wife but hey I have stressed over it. I wanted to do it but just didn't see how we would ever be able to pull it off. The past few weeks we have lived very tight....I wouldn't spend a dime of unnecessary money. Well, I did get a few Starbucks! But not many.... Kent had a goal of our church giving $10,000. We surpassed the goal!!!!! What a miracle! Our annual commitments grew to almost $70,000. Yet another miracle!!!! The offering and commitments were made in our morning service.

Tonight Trent and Calah (even though she's horribly sick) planned an awesome worship service. The presence of the Lord was strong. Then in the middle of the service we baptized 5 people!!!!! Isn't it amazing when you focus on others like we did this morning how God blesses?

Of late we have been encouraging our people to reach out and show more CARE than ever before. We suggest they send cards, email, text or call people to let them know they are thought about and especially if they miss church. Well, tonight one of our new families had to be out of service. When I got home I had an email from this sweet lady. She sent the email to me and several other ladies letting us know how much she missed us!!!! I love it! So amazing how it worked....they should be receiving care on two points, they are new and they missed church tonight. Instead she sent 'us' emails letting us know we were missed. I'm pretty sure she's a CARING person. I love when we try to teach people to CARE God just gives us someone who doesn't even need to be taught....just a ready made CARE giver for CUPC.

Yes, my head is spinning...I'm excited....I hope to be able to sleep tonight. This pastor's wife is a happy camper. I trust each of you have a blessed week serving the Lord.

hugs and kisses.....

4 comments:

Belinda said...

We love ya'll....Thank you for always caring. Sis A :)

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Wow! Tracie, that is an awesome testimony. It should inspire some of the rest of us to do more....because really, we can! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith,
I am a follower of your blog and need prayer and guidance. I have become backslidden and even went so far as to cut my hair off to my neck a few months ago. I have also been wearing makeup and jeans, which I deliberately went out to buy as I didn't have any pants at all. What is wrong with me and how do I get back to the Lord? I will watch for your response. Thank you.

Tracie Smith said...

Anonymous, you will certainly be in my prayers. Read the previous post entitled "Taking Back our Minds". I believe the key to staying 'in church' is we must stay with GOD. The things you mentioned you are doing now are things you had previously commited to God. These things are obviously bothering you. If something bothers you then why do it? Sermon enough.....

Any of us can fall to any weight or sin unless we lay them aside.
God has not left you! I know if you repent you will find Him! Have your pastor or a minister pray with you. Furthermore have a friend pray with you. I certainly don't have all the answers but I KNOW the one who does. God must be our priority in order to remain committed to Him. I know I must maintain a daily devotion to remain devoted to him. If you will draw near to God He will prove Himself faithful to you!

You will be in my prayers. Stop back by and share your victory report with me!!! You can overcome!!! You can live for God!!!