Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day Spent Enjoying Friends

Several days ago Kent received a phone call from Kevin Seymour. He and his wife Lynda were planning to be in our area preaching this weekend for our friends, the Whitakers. We didn't know the Seymours but they follow our blogs and asked about meeting us for lunch. Thankfully, we had this afternoon free. We met @ Macaroni Grill. We enjoyed meeting new friends and talking about the things of the Lord. Tonight I found Lynda's blog. I'll have to add her to my Google Reader. Kent and I always enjoy meeting new people. The Seymours have committed to preaching without renumeration for home missions churches. Kent and I explained that David & Sally Whitaker are some of the finest people on earth. We feel the Seymours will leave Montgomery better than they came. This weekend will be a win/win.

Tonight two of our small groups, Thrive & Element, met for their Valentine celebrations. We began with our age group @ the home of David & Linda Weldon. We had a great time. CUPC is blessed with some of the finest people. We enjoyed lasagna, salad, garlic bread, & delish cakes. Darren Roberts made one of the best lemon cakes I have ever eaten. As soon as I get the recipe I will post it on Charming Hospitality. The barista was David Weldon. I had a yummy cappuccino. Some enjoyed espressos while others just had coffee with flavored creams. Thanks Bro. & Sis. Weldon for a supberb time. Oh by the way Nikki Greer beat the socks off of her Pastor playing Wii Bowling. Of course a couple of men had to be for their pastor....right David Weldon & Jimmy Hobbs. Hummmm they were wanting points. Thank you David & Linda Weldon for hosting our group!

Our younger adult group met @ Mickey & Kristi Blagg's home. They enjoyed wonderful Gumbo and all the trimmings. I couldn't resist a yummy cupcake with buttercream icing. Aaaahhh it was so good. The house was full of laughter and pretty valentine decor. I know this group enjoyed playing the Wii and even spoiling my baby, Mallorie! Thanks Kristi & Mickey!!!

Keep my sister-in-law, Pam, in your prayers. Pam and her husband Andy Smith (non family calls him David) pastor in Marble Falls, Texas. Pam has been in the hospital this week with pneumonia. She is still quite sick but recovering at home. I know she has been wanting and needing rest but this isn't what she had in mind. Pam, get well and let's take a road trip rather than a hospital trip! :) Love you girl!

Ok to the rest of you friends I wish we could have spent some time together today, too. Hopefully you got to spend sometime with a friend. Make a new friend...it's fun. Find an old friend...that's fun, too!

Hugs to all of you....

Your FRIEND!!!

No comments: