Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Official - The Rich Things In Life, Family Friends, & Chocolate

For quite some time I've had this little idea for a weekend ladies seminar @ CUPC. Then a few months back some of my California friends posted about their minister's wives retreat. When I read their blogs, I knew that was it! Thanks, girls, you made my job easy.

I've developed my theme, worked up some ideas, and prayed about who I would get to be the guest speaker. Wow! I have so many friends and acquaintances that could do a MOST remarkable job speaking. I wanted to bring in enough to create a General Conference but my budget wouldn't allow it. I hate budgets! Well, I began to pray about it. After a few days of careful consideration and prayer I felt to ask my friend, Veta McLaughlin. I know the ladies of CUPC are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE her! I can hardly wait. So on Friday and Saturday, March 6 & 7 will be our fun, exciting ladies event! I can't wait.

Everyone is invited...I wish all of you could just hop a plane or hop in your car and head to Conroe. We could have a huge fun time of being together with friends. Wow! Wouldn't that be incredible just spending a whole weekend with one another? Seriously, if any of you can come I'd be honored!!! I'll make you a hotel reservation and you can just come and help make the party more special! I want to encourage all the CUPC ladies to invite their friends. So you my dear friends are MOST welcome, too! Veta is bringing a friend with her, too. This is going to be such a dynamic time of being together.

Ok....if you can't come...I'll miss you all! Family, Friends, & Chocolate really are the rich things in life! Hugs...Kisses.....Tolberone....chocolate fountains...maybe even some chocolate cheesecake bites!!!! yummmmmm Maybe all my female types family members can be there, too (16 & older) I'm thinking Vicki may have to stay over a little longer! Then to have some friends there! Wow! What a weekend....

11 comments:

Tamara Frazier said...

Aww sister smith I am so sorry I am going to miss it! I will be in prayer for it and pray that every lady will be blessed!

Susan Hill said...

Oh, you will love this theme! Every service we had chocolate on our seats!! Chocolate every where! Even chocolate fountains with fruit! Sure wish I could come I know that Veta will do wonderful! Enjoy a little chocolate, and friends for me!!!

Misti Ferguson said...

Can't wait!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

I'm soooooo excited!

Linda Elms said...

It sounds like it's going to be a wonderful time together! Veda will be great! She's a wonderful lady and friend!

Unknown said...

Oh!! I've been wanting to do something like this for some time... Last time we did something similar it was soo much fun...Looking forward to it...

Love ya!

Chely

Glenda said...

Yes!!!!!I know it will be GREAT!!!!!!!Can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

ooo goodness a chocolate fountain sooo bad.......

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Oh boy....

A night for an unattended pastor

iluv2prshim said...

I know you will have a lot of fun with this theme. Sis. Veta will be awesome too.

Carrie said...

Yummy fun!!!!