Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day Spent Enjoying the Lord....

Today started a little earlier than normal. Our quizzers hosted a breakast before service. I dropped by before going on the bus route. We had great results on the route. We even had a Mom ask for a Bible Study! Oh, yes I'm super duper excited. God is working big time. I know it's been a while since I posted about our bus route but just let me tell you that God is working.

We had a great service this morning. My husband preached a MOST incredible sermon. We had a very powerful altar service, too. Our worship leaders, Chris & Misti Ferguson, Calah and the entire praise team did an outstanding job this morning. We are blessed with wonderful musicians and singers. Good worship sure helps pastor with the preaching of the Word. Thanks to entire music team. I love all of your guts!!!! :)

This afternoon I had a friend whom I haven't talked with in a very long time call me. I admire this friend greatly. I love how true friends can go a while without contact yet when there is communication its like you never missed a day. She and I both know her calling today was a God thing. This was just another way I spent time in the presence of God. Our conversation was about God. She began to talk with me about prayer. Wow! The wealth of knowledge that poured from my dear friend. As I grow older I pray I can have her wisdom and insight. I will FOREVER cherish our conversation today and the nuggets of truth she shared with me. Wow is all I can say! I have prayed much of late to be a better Christian. My dear friend opened such a revelation to me. She's not a blogger and has never been to my blog. I'm not sure she'll read this post. I think I will send her a card of thanks tomorrow. I am truly thankful for God using my friend today to share so much of His Word with me.

Tonight was another great service. Trent and Calah and the entire choir lead an incredible worship service followed by Matt Newton encouraging worship and Mickey preaching. We had four persons baptized. It was truly another great service. CUPC is a blessed congregation!

I am expecting great things this week. I am planning to spend more time enjoying the Lord. Find time to enjoy His presence.

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your post made me think of the old song: Isn't He wonderful, wonderful, wonderful; isn't Jesus my Lord wonderful. Have a great week in the Lord, and I'll join you in the same.

KAN said...

I would NEVER take anything from my pastor: I truly agree that the last Sunday mornings have been fabulous!!1

However, I also know the heart of those younger people on the platform Sunday nite. While I know of the love of the Lord and longing in Trent and Calah, I am also kinda "privy" to the incredible amount of prayer and fasting, coupled with planning and practice, plus the intensity of a Godly relationship that has gone into some of the others. The change that commitment and desire has brought to Mickey, Matt and Stephen is wonderful to watch.

I truly can't wait to see just what God is going to do at Conroe UPC. We just need to get ready and stay ready...

Anonymous said...

I hated I had to miss but heard how incredible it was. Also how wonderful Matthew was on Friday night with Mickey... and then Sunday night.
I am thankful for our young adults and how they do worship.
God is Great and doing Mighty things that only come through prayer and fasting....

Shirley Patrick