Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Love HIM, Too!!!!

My previous post was about loving my husband. Tonight I would like to say how much I love the Lord. He is a wonderful friend. I love HIM!

Today was incredible because of HIM. I KNEW today was going to be a great day as all three vehicles pulled into our first apartment complex. Four enthusiastic visitor children came running to the van and asked if they could go to church with us. Three of these are brand new residents. Wow! We didn't even have to knock on their door and give them an invitation. Then as we rounded the corner one of little girls who always comes was standing with her Mom. From time to time the Moms will chat with us. This morning the Mom asked if she could ride in one of the vechicles to church. YES!!!! I was so excited to sit away from my normal front row pastor's wife pew and sit with Christina. After church she told me she would like to go to church Wednesday night, too. We had another visitor lady and her two children today, too. This lady said she has driven by our church several times and just wanted to come. Of course we had several other visitors as well.

My niece, Mallorie was dedicated this morning. I love baby dedications. Kent always does a great job. There was probably much more Kent wanted to say but would have never gotten thru his remarks for crying. He did break and cry a little. Kristi was a very little girl when we married. She has always been very special to both of us. Mallorie was so beautiful! She wore a beautiful long gown given to her by my sister, Vicki. After church Mickey and Kristi had lunch for all the family and out of town guests who came for this special moment. How could anyone doubt creation when seeing the beautiful creation of an infant so wonderfully made? Just looking at a sweet innocent child makes me love HIM more.

Tonight was another great service. I knew it was going to be great when I arrived at church around 5:30 pm. The choir was practicing and several had their hands lifted worshiping God. Of course the worship carried into our service. As the choir sang the annointing of the Lord swept in so powerfully. People responded in prayer whom I have never seen respond. I know many wonderful things transpired. Trent baptized his first person tonight! The service was amazing. I enjoyed walking around and praying with people whom I don't always get the opportunity to pray with. The presence of the Lord was so sweet. I LOVE HIM!!!!

We have so many new people right now. It is wonderful watching as God moves in their lives. We had three new persons in the choir tonight. We had a brand new usher tonight. Next week is our faith promise service. We had some pamplets explaining the concept of missions giving. Tonight one of our brand new converts was standing in the foyer visiting with an usher. I decided he could help the ushers before service in the foyer. I asked if he would help by distributing the pamplets as people came in the doors. This young man just beamed with excitement that he was asked to do something at church. Of course he wasn't dressed in nice dress clothes and tie as we ask our ushers to wear in fact he was wearing a t-shirt and denim shorts. As I watched him proudly carry out the job I asked of him I thought one day just one day my friend may become an usher. I enjoy watching God changes lives. This young man goes by the church several times a week during the day and prays at the altar. Oh to have a church full of new converts or people with the desire just to kneel for 5 minutes or so in the presence of the Lord. I REALLY LOVE HIM!!!!

Thanks for allowing me to talk of the goodness, the mercy, and the grace of God. I LOVE HIM!!!

3 comments:

Misti Ferguson said...

We did have wonderful services...I love it when HE comes to church! Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith, I am a follower of your blog, though we have never met, I know some of your family members well. When I read your blog today it really tugged at my heart. I have not been to church in a while, in fact, it's been a little over 6 months, and reading your blog during the week makes me KNOW He's still there for me. I just wanted you to know that your blog will always be something I look forward to reading during my week, and I plan on visiting your church one day to meet you. On so many other occasions and on different blog posts I have wanted to leave you a comment to let you know that I am always blessed when I read them, but I was too shy because I have never met you. I thought you might think I was silly to comment on here and you have no clue who I am. However, after reading this blog today and seeing how you made those visitors feel so welcome in your church, I knew you'd feel the same about me and this blog. Thank you for always being so positive and joyful in all of your posts.

Tracie Smith said...

Dear "Anonymous" thanks for your kind remarks. I do love people and enjoy blogging. I do hope you will soon visit CUPC. Read my next post...I dedicate it to you! I LOVE people.