Monday, February 23, 2009

My Day....Crazy as it is!

I was awakened before 6 am to the horrible sound of the alarm clock. Didn't it understand that I was much too tired to hear its loud noises? I managed to go back to sleep after Kent crawled out of bed and went to the gym. Then only minutes later Trent called really sick. He nor Calah had slept. Apparently they have food poisoning or a horrible virus. I went over and bleached everthing that could be bleached, passed out lukewarm Sprite and tried to make sure they would be ok today. After realizing how violently this bug has hit them I gave them some medicines. They have managed to sleep and seem to be some better yet not completely well at this point.

We are having house guests tonight and my morning just didn't help my plans come together any faster. I love to cook. Today cooking, cleaning, and entertaining seems a bit challenged. I decided to contact Pie in the Sky and order Chicken Tetrazzini. I'm adding the veggies, salad, etc. Why sweat over a mixed up plan? At least I had a plan so revising one isn't too difficult.

Kent had hospital calls and visits this morning. Then he had several out of town ministers meet him at the golf course. Hardly had he started playing until a man connected to our church whom Kent has been visiting passed away. Well, needless to say his golfing day ended.

We have an awesome secretary, Deadra. Deadra does everything from work in the office to help rescue me at the house. Today was definitely rescue day. Thanks Deadra for mopping my floors and all the other chores you did.

Yesterday one of our computers crashed. Kent is off to replace it and I finally got a second to sit down and take a breath for a moment. I hope all of you are enjoying your Monday. I have honestly enjoyed mine. I love taking care of my kids, being in my home, and entertaining. Today I have had the fun of doing all three!!!

I'm looking forward to a great week....hope you are, too! We want get anything that we don't plan for. My plans are for my week to be grand if I hit another bobble or two it doesn't mean my week will not be good it just means I'll have the opportunity to slow down, problem solve and go forward.

Don't forget....plan to have a great week!

No comments: