Thursday, February 19, 2009

This is the Day!!!!!!

How often do we plan for that special day? Plan for our children's graduation. Prepare for a special party. Work hard and plan for our son's wedding. Plan for the birth of a new baby. In our case it would be a new grandbaby - no more children, Lord! Plan for the perfect vacation by car, plane, or cruise. Plan for your parent's birthday celebration. Plan for church growth. Plan for personal growth.

I am a planner and a list maker. I get very involved in all the preparations ahead of time. In fact last night after church I sat with my brother and sister in law and finished planning out our food and decor for The Rich Things In Life - Family Friends & Chocolate Seminar. I am so excited about the upcoming event. I can hardly wait for the day to arrive.

It seems life as a pastor's wife has me always working on more than one special day. Of course I normally keep a plan going as a wife, too. Currently it's new carpet and two rooms of new furniture. Plans, goals, I work hard to achieve them. It's always worth it when the day of reaching the goal arrives. I'm a Mom to two and I love planning for each them and our daughter-in-law, too. I love thinking ahead and make days special.

This morning I sprung out of bed and literally within 15 minutes I had a load of clothes on to wash, piano music playing on my new bright red under cabinet mounted cd player (thanks Deadra!!!), the dishwasher unloaded, and things straightened up. I simply had to prepare for the day.

As I sat down to check emails and go to my first website of the day www.weather.com the thought hit me, "This is THE day". Today's forcast is sunny, 68 degrees, with 0 percent of precipitation. Wow what a perfect day! Then my thoughts swiftly went to every day is the day that the Lord made for me to rejoice and be glad in. I'm afraid too often I get caught up planning for another day and fail to realize the excitement, benefits, and things God has for me in any particular day.

Do I want to stop planning and preparing? Absolutely not in fact I think it's necessary to adequately plan and prepare. I don't want to be so consumed with plans that I fail to be sensitive and enjoy the day.

Blessings to you my friends as you enjoy your day....work hard to enjoy another day but don't become overcome with another day's plans and fail to enjoy today. This is the day that the Lord made...let us rejoice and be glad in it!

5 comments:

April Renee said...

Sis. Smith,
I love that thought!
Since I have stopped being so consumed with what will happen tomorrow and live in today, I have started seeing more of God's blessings in my life!!!!
You're post is so beautiful!
Thank you!

Susan Hill said...

Indeed it is a beautiful day! Thank you, Lord, for this day to rejoice in!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Great thoughts, Tracie. I am also a planner and a list maker---for projects, for church, for me, for today, for the future. Sometimes, I need to remember that THIS IS THE DAY THAT GOD has made whatever it brings....even things NOT on my lists!!! Thanks for your blog!!!!

Jana Allard said...

Tracie, I am just now trying to catch up on some blog reading. I have enjoyed your many posts. I particulary liked your post about your Valentine. This was our 35th Valentine to "be in love." We celebrate 30 years of marriage this year and I love my Valentine more than ever. Love truly is grand when you have the right one.

Anonymous said...

Amen sis. Smith today is the day, and a gorgeous one.
I Love you so much. and your blogs are always so uplifting!
love you lots