Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Sister's Celebration

A few days ago I asked my sisters if they would like to have a Sister's Day to celebrate Valentines. Today was our fun day. Vicki is my OLD sister! lol Kristi is my BABY sister. Kristi's baby, Mallorie, was the only child allowed. We met @ my home and left around noon.

Our first stop was LaMadeline in The Woodlands. Of course all three of us ordered the EXACT same thing - 1/2 Croquet Monsieur sandwich with chips and a cup of delicious potato soup. After lunch we started a shopping spree. I think we went to every baby boutique in Houston. We went to Little Patooties, Doodles, Purple Mango...and I can't remember if there were more. I think I have all these names correct. It's been a long time since I've shopped for infants except for baby shower gifts. I did find a beautiful diaper bag that I just knew Calah would love. No she isn't expecting but for when she does surprise us with a baby. It is red with big gold gauty buckles. The diaper bag was only $450. Wow! Things have surely changed since I had babies. You guessed it...I left it hanging on the rack. Maybe by the time Calah needs it they will have a 90% off sale...$45 wouldn't be too bad! ha

Mallorie's dedication is Sunday. We were looking for shoes for Mallorie and a dress for the big sister, Madeline. We found the dress for Madeline but decided Mallorie's dress will look best with bare feet. Ahh...nothing like baby's pretty bare feet!

After shopping till we dropped we decided to stop by Sugarbaby's for cupcakes. Much to our disappointment Sugarbaby's had sold out of cupcakes. How can that be? Mean time Scott, my brother, called and needed a gift picked up from Rice Village. So we back tracked. Anything for our 'little' brother. Then we stopped by Ruggles Cafe & Bakery for dessert.

Vicki enjoyed the Strawberry Bomb which is a homemade Angel Food Cake with Marscapone Cheese, whipped cream and lots of fresh strawberries. Kristi had the Chocolate Truffle Cake. It's a Grand Marnier Mousse Dark Chocolate Cake Roll with a creamy Grand Marnier Mousse Center. Served with ice cream. I had a scrumptious Tres Leches Cake. It's one of their most popular desserts. It has a moist yellow cake soaked with a mixture or "Three Milks". Topped with a fluffy white icing. The desserts were all huge so we enjoyed sharing them.

I gave the girls little valentine trays I had prepared for them similar to gift baskets. I filled them with a candle, chocolates, a valentine dish cloth, a bath pouf, and Bath and Body Products. I have always loved giving my sister's gifts. I can honestly say that each of them are fun to buy for. We were raised to not expect gifts nor have to have life's finest. No matter how big or small we get excited about gifts. I had fun putting the gifts together for my sister's last night.

On our way home we stopped by the florist to see Scott & Courtney. Too bad it's Valentine's week or we would have loved having our sister-in-law join the party. She owns a florist and this time of the year is much too busy to enjoy a fun day. Courtney, we will have to plan another excursion later! We did miss you!!!

Once we made it back to Conroe we all went to Mom's for a little bit. My Uncle Billy and Aunt Nancy are visiting from Alabama. We talked about taking Mom & Aunt Nancy but I'm afraid we would have worn them out. Besides, it would not have been a sister's thing if others would have joined.

Vicki and Kristi, I truly enjoyed my day! Thanks for going with me today. I have endeavored to show appreciation to those I love of late. I needed to spend the time with each of you today because I truly love and appreciate you both. I love you both dearly and always want to be able to share special times with you. We are all older now and each have different responsibilities and cares of life but one thing that will never change is we are sisters! We all have separate friends. Oh sure we share some mutal friends but we each have separate friends, too. I never want my friends to overshadow you girls, my SISTERS! We all have preacher husbands and no telling where we may all end up across the globe but I never want miles to separate our hearts. I want to always remember we were SISTERS first!!!! I hope you both enjoy a Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

What a fun day. Loved it that our kids were jealous ha! And just to set the record straight ... I am the MIDDLE sister. Tracie is the OLD sister.

Anonymous said...

What about mom being jealous??? Only kidding. I love it when you all can find a time to be together and I do think that is important. Today Nancy and I will go looking for quilting stores, as that is Nancy's newest fad.......Maybe one day for me but not yet. HA HA
I do love all my family and so glad that her and my brother, Billy are here for a few days. We will have fun today also......who knows we may eat at LaMadelines.
I hope to see all our kids in the next few days as Popsie and I have been gone lately and haven't seen some of the grand's in a while.
love,
Mom/Shirley

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tracie & Vicki for an enjoyable day yesterday! Although I have great friends, there is just nothing like being with my big sisters/other mothers:) I've told Madeline many times, even though Mallorie is "her baby" now one day they will be the best of friends because one day their age difference will not matter! Love you both & thanks Tracie for my prize!
Love,
Kristi

Karen J. Hopper said...

You are a woman after my heart - Friends, Cupcakes and Shopping. I'd add Sisters if I wasn't that I'm an only child. Thanks for allowing me to go along on your special day.