Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Family...Siblings...In-laws

What do these three things have in common? How do they interact? How have they affected me tonight? Thoughts of the family growing and shrinking at the same time. How does it all work out?

My Family, I absolutely love them! The past few days Trent and Calah have been sick. I bleached their house, took them food and drinks, and today cooked them breakfast. Last evening we had house guests. Redonia felt sorry for Trent and Calah. She prepared them soup and cleaned up their kitchen. Families love and help! Tonight the kids felt a little better and were feeling cabin fever. They ventured to our house for fresh air.

Siblings not twins but as close as twins could ever be. Redonia and Trent are a mess. Redonia is 22 and Trent is 21. Redonia has a new friend and Trent is maybe jealous. Of course he says he isn't. Sibling feelings arose tonight. I LOVE that they are so close. Trent wants Redonia to only talk to his buddies and only talk to people living not further than 20 miles away. Poor Redonia... At one point I was defending Redonia. Trent blurted out, "Ok Mom just approve it and she's going to move away from here." So the real truth came out...he fears his sissy leaving.....Of course Redonia was loving the idea that her brother was making such a fuss over her. If I had it to do over again I'd have another boy and a girl and 13 months apart. What buds they are!

In-laws, our daughter-in-law is fun. Calah can stir it up and then sit back and grin. She loves tormenting Trent over Redonia having a new 'friend'. The girls are close, finally! I thought Redonia never would decide to be kind...you see Trent is only treating Redonia like she treated him. Calah, is really sweet. She came in tonight with a thank you card to "Mom". She thanked me for taking care of them while they were sick. Trent could have searched the world over and not found anyone to love him more. Why does Trent think Redonia would even want to date anyone any less? Hummm why did Redonia think Trent would date anyone less?

As I set the table tonight I decided I need a new breakfast table. We have to crowd around ours when the kids are all home. Of course we could go to the dining room table and get lost since it is so large. If I buy a larger breakfast table what happens if Redonia decides to move out? Then Kent and I will sit at a table and get lost....What do you do when your family shrinks and grows at the same time. I guess then I will need 3 tables. One for when it's just Kent and me. Another for when the kids are home. Then my dining room table for entertaining larger crowds.

Life gets complicated and fun at the same time. Tonight Kent went to bed with the chickens. Redonia and I have stayed up chatting. She's involved with a 'project' and every now and then laughs and talks to me. She stole her Daddy's chair all afternoon and evening. I think she's getting sick. She has a headache. Please, Lord, don't let it be the virus Trent and Calah had.

I love my family. I'm thankful my children are close and love one another dearly. I'm thankful for a great wife for my son who also makes a wonderful sister for Redonia, finally! I'm glad I have a fantastic husband who is an awesome dad and dad-in-law.

Family - definitely a rich thing in life! The Smith household hasn't always been perfect but one thing for sure we all realize that as a family we will love and support one another no matter what! Our family is all about CARING for others. We realize we will never CARE for others any more passionately than we do each other. I do CARE for my family. Kent, Redonia, Trent & Calah, I love you all so much. I'm glad we are FAMILY.

No comments: