Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thankful Super Sunday

What a blessing it is to serve the Lord! What a privilege it is to know Him! What a great family of God! Thank you EVERYONE for joining in prayer across the world for prayer for people involved in ministry. I sincerely appreciate the prayers. I KNOW there have been needs supplied because we agreed in prayer. To those still dealing with urgent needs, I know God is your help. Keep praising Him!

Just as I know God is meeting my needs, I know He is meeting your needs, too! God is no respector of persons. He is an on time God! I am thankful for His mercy, His grace, His provision, and thankful that our healing is already taken care of!

Today CUPC enjoyed Super Sunday church. This morning my husband preached an incredible message about sacrifice, no not of money but of giving of ourselves. Often our sacrifice or the things we do for God do not continue to the place of the true sacrifice to God. Rather we stop just short of pouring out the sacrifice of tears and humility towards God. Many times we feel used up or burnt out yet never pour ourself out in annointing to God. Just prior to the message the ensemble sang "Pour My Love on You"

I don't know how to say exactly how I feel
And I can't begin to tell you what your love has meant
I'm lost for words
Is there a way to show the passion in my heart
Can I express how truly great I think you are
You're my dearest friend
Lord this is my desire to pour my love on you

Like oil upon your feet
Like wine for you to drink
Like water from my heart
I pour my love on you
With praises like the perfume
I lavish mine on you
Till every drop is gone
I pour my love on you

Is there a way to show the passion in my heart
Can I express how truly great I think you are,
My dearest friend
Lord this is my desire to pour my love on you

Tonight we had really good church, too. The choir sang and then Trent stepped in and preached. He did an amazing job admonishing us to worship and praise regardless to what we feel. Several needs were obviously meet. After a time of worship Kent began to sing several old hymns. Many of our congregation don't know the songs. Later Kent called for those of us over 40 years to the choir. We sang a really old song "Hallelujah Side". Our church is a very modern young church. We began the church only about 18 years ago. Mom played the organ for the 'choir'. It's too funny because most our musicians don't even know the songs. We have one lady that is my age otherwise all of our musicians are under 22 years of age. I am thankful whether the song is new or old we can worship and praise God!

Following allow me to share with you from the Amplified Bible:

Psalms 59:9 O my Strength, I will watch and give heed to You and sing praises; for God is my Defense (my Protector and High Tower). 10 My God in His mercy and steadfast love will meet me; God will let me look [triumphantly] on my enemies (those who lie in wait for me).

Psalms 59: 16 But I will sing of Your mighty strength and power; yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning; for You have been to me a defense (a fortress and a high tower) and a refuge in the day of my distress. 17 Unto You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my Defense, my Fortress, and High Tower, the God Who shows me mercy and steadfast love.

Again, thanks for praying with me the past few days for some of my friend's needs.

Let's spend some time praising, now!

Hugs and blessings to you all....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunday nite's service was very much needed for me! Trent did do a amazing job of leading everyone into great worship!
Love you~!

Misti Ferguson said...

I enjoyed both of our wonderful services, too!