Sunday, November 30, 2008

THANK YOU

Wednesday following Election Day while teaching a Bible Study one of the secretaries buzzed Kent's office to inform him I had a phone call. Being a great husband he attempted to help my caller, someone who knows me only through the blog.

The caller identified herself and mentioned (he thinks) she is from Oklahoma. Who knows she maybe from Spain since he didn't recall the name. She proceeded to inform Kent the blog had been a blessing to her. She needed my mailing address for a magazine subscription she was about to order for me. Last week I received a little card from "Southern Lady" stating a gift subscription was ordered for me from Sue Davidson. Sue, I would have preferred thanking you via a thank you note. However, the subscription card didn't include your mailing address. Since I don't know you I can't begin to figure out where you live...Spain, Oklahoma, Alaska, etc.

I did receive my first copy of the magazine Wednesday. Of course Redonia was sick and between her doctor's appointment and caring for her I did some holiday baking. I have not had 5 minutes to browse the magazine. I ADORE the cover and will savor it's pages. Maybe this afternoon I can enjoy it!

Again, Sue, THANK YOU for thinking of me. I am a Southern Girl and will LOVE "Southern Lady"!!!! Certainly, I'll find great ideas to share on Charming Hospitality.

2 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Tracie,

She is from Comanche, OK. We met her in our Sunday restaurant, Hunan's. Her husband is the school superintendent in their city. She has known people from our church for a number of years, but only became acquainted with us through the blogs! She is a very sweet Christian lady. We were supposed to get your address....but.....it slipped our mind! Sorry. We may have her contact info. I will check....if I remember! LOL! Congrats on your gift.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Great gift for a great 'Southern Lady'...love you!!!