Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Post Election Thoughts

Today life will continue. I did not vote for the President-elect Obama. Today my views of Obama are no different than they were when I voted for Senator McCain. However, I will respect him as President-elect until Jan 20th and then President for his tenure in office. While I am certain many voted or did not vote for him because of his race this was not my reason. I happen to not have a problem with any race. This is much proven in my efforts for evangelism. In fact most Sundays I take approximately a dozen black youth and children to church. I love their mommas and their mommas love me.

I have felt Mr. Obama has some integrity issues. This greatly concerns me. I feel as if he has flipped and flopped during his campaign this concerns me. I have the right to my concerns. You can well tell by earlier posts that I am a person who expects integrity and who is a very consistent literal person.

Honestly, I have felt Mr. Obama would win the election. I believe we are fulfilling the Word of God. Why do we Americans think we are any different than the rest of the world to not experience hardships that occur around the globe.

I will endeavor to obey the Word of God just as I do in every situation.

I Timothy 2:1-3 states:
1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

As my first sentence stated 'today life will continue'. I must hasten to study for a Bible Study that I have at 10:30 this morning with a sweet elderly lady. This elegant lady visited CUPC for the first time Sunday morning. She stated she had not heard preaching like she heard in that service in many many years. She returned Sunday evening. She came very disturbed about the upcoming election. She feels that the world must surely be coming to an end. She was raised Baptist and as an adult became Methodist. She called yesterday afternoon and has some questions about Pentecost. She asked if she could meet with me this morning. We arranged to meet at Starbucks for a Bible Study.

In an earlier post I asked how can we offer hope during this time. I believe teaching Bible Studies is one way. Please pray for me that I will be able to offer her HOPE and that the Word will be sharp in my mind, and that my lips will be anointed.

May each of you conservative readers today feel HOPE in Jesus Christ.

9 comments:

Paula said...

I am thankful that my hope is in Jesus! And you are right -- life will continue. I will still stand proud as an American. And I pray for God's blessing on our president-elect.

Tanya said...

I am very disappointed with America's choice.... but you are right, Sis. Smith, life will go on. I live a block away Grant Park in Chicago, where Obama had his party. Although Eddie and I did not physically go there, we could hear the fans' voices on the 27th floor of our apartment. It brought tears to my eyes to realize that 250,000 people outside were dancing and screaming for what they thought was hope... It brought tears to my eyes that they look for hope in the wrong place. I know they will be disappointed to substitute God and conservative values for the person they have elected. He cannot give us hope. Conservatives are such a minority in the city of Chicago and I know what they will be thinking today - criticizing us as those who "cling to religion". But they did it in the time of Jesus, even when He was on the cross, asking Him to save Himself if He was God.

I know there will be disappointed because people are looking for hope in the wrong place... I pray that when the disappointment comes, this country will turn back to God.

I pray for the Republican Party today. I am not a US citizen and could not vote but I am a republican in my views. And I pray that the Republican Party stands up for our conservative values more so than they have these last few years. The time for compromise is gone. Tanya

Vicki said...

Tanya you said it best! I will still pray and say "God Bless America - the land that I LOVE"

iluv2prshim said...

My hope and trust is in Jesus! He is faithful!
Yes! I will pray for my president and say, "God Bless America! Land that I Love".

Stephanie said...

God is still on the throne. We that are believers must work harder now than ever before. This election proves that people are hungry for something and that they need something more than the status quo. We know what they really need/want. Are we going to keep it to ourselves? I pray that your Bible study went well. And I pray that you have many more opportunities to continue to share the Gospel.
Love,
Stephanie

Danan said...

Although dismayed and disappointed in the American public and the resulting election results, I cling to one of my favorite promise...

Psalm 56:9"...and this I know, God is for me."

We will continue to pray and uphold our leadership in the stormy days ahead, knowing that God is always on "His Children's" side!

Many Blessing to you all today!
Danan B.

Carrie Blair said...

Sis. Smith, the lady you are speaking of told me on Sunday that she was sooooooo hungry for God and that she had been well fed at service. I am thankful that she called wanting to know more about Him. I believe this is only the beginning of the revival of souls we are going to see. We must encourage others with faith in Him as never before. I hope everything went well today....love you

KAN said...

I am so glad that Bro Smith constantly reminded us that no matter the outcome of the election, God is STILL on the throne. God is STILL God!

Thank you, too, Tanya for your clarity on the subject. Like I said it the RKS blog, it is now time for all of us to pray for our LEADERS, knowing that God can STILL turn the hearts of men, if they will just seek Him.

NOW, let us not forget the souls that are STILL hungry for God. I know the amount is going to multiply exponentially soon. We, who hold the truth so dear, MUST be ready.

Amanda said...

wonderful blog Sis Smith! I am too, in whole hearted agreement with Tanya's comments. We, as a conservative people, MUST pray and stand up for our values and encourage others to join us in this vital role.