Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Secret Revealed

I am truly a GRITS interpreted Girl Raised in The South. Though Texas is still considered southern it is much different from my deep southern roots. While I know many things may be bigger in Texas the southern charm and hospitality definitely lacks.

Not every lady has been blessed to have been taught the things I take for granted. It concerns me that some minister’s wives don’t know simple etiquette. I have endeavored to train the youth and ladies of CUPC. However, for a long time I have realized that many need a resource to fall back on. There are many good books on the subject but often schedules are too hectic to research. I have considered publishing a booklet. Since there are many social graces, recipes, decorating tips, and ideas to share the booklet would become a series.

Blogging has been both fulfilling and successful for me. Hence, I have chosen to do what I feel commanded of scripture via another blog. The format of Tracie’s Thoughts will remain the same. Scripturally older ladies are admonished to train the younger. No doubt there are ladies like myself who enjoy learning and gaining fresh ideas. The simple purpose of Charming Hospitality will be informational, fun, inspiring, and enriching.

Charming Hospitality is dedicated to my wonderful girls, Redonia and Calah, and all the ladies of CUPC. I owe my love for southern hospitality to my wonderful Mom, Shirley Patrick, and MaMaw, Effie Ingram. Each of these ladies truly handed me a legacy. Both Mom and MaMaw demonstrated to me how to lead an unselfish life. I do not have all the answers but have learned a simple Biblical truth - it is truly more blessed to give than receive. Southern hospitality is just that!

Thank you, Babe, for taking me to Savannah. My idea was birthed prior to the trip but our time there caused me to put actions to my idea. It was in the Savannah hotel that I chose to launch the site for Christmas and even found the Christmas blogger templates. Mom and Popsie, thank you for treating us to Paula Deen’s The Lady and Sons Restaurant. Dad, I have enough of you in me to know that if I publically set out to do something then I’m going to accomplish to the best of my ability. This is why I chose to not reveal my secret. I had to make sure I had enough resources gathered and ideas to make readers want to return.

Charming Hospitality will take on a seasonal appearance. Please excuse the look of Christmas while it is still Thanksgiving. My target launch date was December 1st. I just couldn’t wait! I will consider Charming Hospitality successful if I help one lady become more graceful, make her house a home, and learn the value of family traditions. These things can only truly be enjoyed when shared with others.

11 comments:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Ahhhhhh...it's beautiful. It is a great idea and your the perfect person for it. You are very thoughtful, hospitable, a GREAT cook, & I LOVE your taste, you home is always elegant. This is going to be fun and help many.

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

This is awesome! I will have that site in my favorites. I was way off in my guess, but this is waaay better!
Thank you

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Some people just can't keep secrets.....

I am proud of you babe...

Yvette said...

Awwwww..... This is Awesome!!! Can't wait to see what's in store for us young'ens!!! lol :)

Anonymous said...

I love what you are doing..... All three of you girls are wonderful cooks Vicki, Tracie, Kristi and your brother, Scott are great cooks and home makers. I was trained well by a wonderful mom who not only was a great homemaker but an incredible cook......and most important a real Christian Lady! She was trained by her mom who we all knew as Bigmama another Southern Lady......
I love making Memories!!!
Thanks Tracie for doing this and I truly do Thank God for my heritage.
Sister Jerry Ann Guidroz I can't help but think of you and all the many pointers that you have given me down through the years at different times and you probably aren't even aware of it. It is important that the older teach the young not just in cooking matters but in lots of other things in every day life.
Yes, I do love Holidays. Christmas and Thanksgiving are my favorites. We as an entire Ingram/Thomas and now Patricks have always loved this time of the year and have so many wonderful memories with our siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles and chuch families. Thanks also to my dear friend, Joyce McClain that years ago helped me so much after your dad passed away to make sure we had wonderful holidays! Now that I have written a BLOG LOL I will sign off.

Love you bunches, Mom

Keith and Carla said...

I look forward to reading your new blog! Great idea!!!

iluv2prshim said...

Tracie, I love this idea. Hospitality is my heartbeat. I believe it is part of my "ministry". :) I know you understand that. I will check back often. Love ya!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Congratulations. What a great secret, revealed. Yes, it will be on my list for visits.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! We LOVE it!! Thanks!I shall read it everyday! AND tell a lot of our "young" friends! Lord Bless Sis. Deb from "B"

Tanya said...

I never got a ticket either...

I thought that was funny, too :)

Debbie Saiz said...

Good blog! There is nothing like southern hosptiality! I love it and enjoy doing it! I look forward to your new blog!