Monday, November 17, 2008

Entanglements

Tonight I sit quitely praying for someone entangled. Oh they are a church attender, even a UPC attender. You know we always think those of our own precious faith surely have more in road with God!

Flooding my thoughts came the word deception.... truth always comes forth. Normally behind walls of super spiritualism comes the hidden things of a heart...prides, vanity, arrogance, and self glory.

I'm bothered with deception because God will send a strong delusion. Teaching on this subject to our youth class, one of the students began to expound his thoughts. We recently had a group of young adults 'backslide'. Matt began to reveal to the youth class how God helped him to understand II Thess chapter 2:9-11. He discussed deceitful actions and how he felt God sent strong delusion to protect others from being affected. He told how he hurt as a sibling affected by strong delusion yet he knew it was for his protection. Each time I am reminded of this passage my mind goes to my friend Matthew's lesson.

II Thess 2:9....signs and lying wonders....
II Thess 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness....
II Thess 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:


How do you help someone trapped with deceptions not to be sent a strong delusion? How do you help someone trapped with believing things that aren't true or living out deceptions or whatever the web is? How do you help people become honest, see honestly, speak with integrity? How can I help? God, I know there is NOTHING I can do. I know that there is EVERYTHING You can do. I pray for Your mercy, Your grace, Your love, and even for Your wisdom.

My hair is to the floor and tangles very easily. I must be ever so careful with it. I can't leave the slightest tangle or soon it becomes a very big tight knot. I regulary wash, condition, brush, and care for my hair. Daily I care for my hair. I sleep with it totally down - no pins, clips, or ponytail holders. I carefully prevent tangles. As a pastor's wife I want to untangle webs in people's lives as I untangle my hair.

Just as I constantly maintain my hair, my glory. We must constantly maintain our lives, the temple of the Holy Ghost. Transparent we stand before God. Amazingly we stand transparent before others,too. Usually the only person deceived is ourselves and our family. I never want to weave a web around myself that could later so easily encompass my husband, my children, and even my church.

4 comments:

Cylinda Nickel said...

Very timely Blog- as I spent about an hour and 1/2 on Emmas hair on Saturday night -doing just that. I about lost my victory but made it through :) Good Stuff. Lord let us live a tangled free life!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Seems like deception is a big problem these days....probably always, but I am just seeing so much right now. It hurts. I love the example of tangled hair. Thanks, Tracie, once again for your thoughts! Love you!!1

Karen J. Hopper said...

What truth in your post. No matter where we look, there are tangles. God help us that we don't get caught in its web.

Susan Hill said...

Wow, the spirit of deception is a huge spirit that we have identified recently amongst us!! It is an awful ugly thing! Thanks for the post, it helped me know that it isn't just here! I had no idea that your hair was that long! I honor you, it cannot be easy!