Saturday, November 8, 2008

Conroe - Lufkin - Conroe - San Marcos

Thursday I travelled to Lufkin in order to be the date of a most handsome guy that I have loved for 27 years this month. He did not want to go to the alumni banquet alone and I sure didn't want him to go alone. Amazing how that works after all these years! We still LOVE being together.

Prior to the banquet Kent spent the afternoon golfing with his dad and some friends. My Mother-in-law and I enjoyed a relaxing lunch at one of my favorite tea rooms, Mar Teres. I enjoyed sipping almond tea as we visited. Of course lunch was great and the toasted coconut pie was wonderful! After lunch we browsed a few furniture stores.

Later the guys returned home and we went to the college for the banquet. We had an enjoyable time. Our friend, Nate Lawrence is hillarious and was the entertainment for the evening. Bro. Huntley told his story of receiving the call to preach and about his tenure at TBC. I always enjoy seeing the Huntleys. We sat with Kent's parents and Bonnie & Randy Fluitt, Kent's cousins. Randy is the president of the alumni association. Of course we enjoyed laughing with the Elms, Jonathon & Victoria Green and others. We went with the in laws and Greens to Starbucks after the banquet. We just needed a little more fellowship. Actually I've been having Victoria withdrawals! lol I needed to catch up on all my babies.

I met Meredith Vyvial, another dear friend, for lunch before leaving Lufkin today. She and I can talk for hours. I love the Vyvials!!! Keep them in your prayers as they seek God. Kevin, Meridth, Drew, & Garrett will always be very special to me. They were wonderful assistants to Kent and me.

I survived the journey back to Conroe alone. No ghosts or goblins wanted me! lol I missed Kent really bad when I got home. Going to Lufkin I drove through horrible rain. Once I returned my pretty white Lexus looked like it was a mud bucket. So....being the responsible person that I am I took the car to the car wash. See Kent, I am a big girl! lol

I quickly changed baggage and headed to CUPC to meet the ladies for our San Marcos shopping trip. Redonia sat quietly in the back seat as she read and listened to music. Thankfully Calah kept me awake. After checking in the hotel we found a very urban coffee house, The Tantra. It was a little too contemporary for some. Oh well the Mayan Hot Chocolate and Snickerdoodle cookie was really awesome. Several girls played Scrabble.

In the morning the ladies will meet for breakfast then head for the two outlet malls. I'm sure we will find lots of good deals. Amazing how things seem like deals when you want to spend some $$$. Ok....now what do you think about this scenario: Kent gave the girls, Redonia and Calah, $100 each and gave me $40. Does that seem fair to my blogging friends????? Then at the coffee house Redonia still found me to buy her drink. Well, allow me let you all in on a secret. I have his credit cards, my debit card, and a new pad of checks. I also have at least one mastercard gift card! Let's see what I find......

Shhhhhh don't remind Kent in case he forgets....I'm not much of a shopper! Let him think I'm going to have a 'hay day' all at his expense! Seriously, he knows that after all these years. Just pray I can find some deal or he maybe mad at me. I usually get in trouble for not buying rather than spending.

Ok, my title leaves me in San Marcos. I really don't want to stay here. Pray we make it home safe and sound. I can't wait to get to church Sunday morning. I have some friends planning to meet me there!!!!

4 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Sounds like you're having fun!

Jana Allard said...

I had to laugh at how you get in trouble. Brian gets onto me for NOT buying, too. LOL Sounds like you are having a blast!

Misti Ferguson said...

Sis. S...
I'm glad you all are having fun! See you when you get back!
Love you!

Karla said...

Glad you're having fun.

(I left you a comment on the "Wednesday Happenings" post about the call from Oklahoma.)