Friday, November 28, 2008

& Moving Right Along.....

Before I move right along.....I would like to say what a blessed day Kent and I enjoyed yesterday. A good Thanksgiving is a day spent enjoying food, family and FRIENDS. I did take my camera to Lufkin but failed to take a picture. But please do check out one of my friend's site. We are glad we had the journalist there! (teasing, Sis. Elms)

Our day started out thankful that Redonia is better. After an hour or less of volunteering @ the Salvation Army she discovered she was much to weak. She called crying that she was unable to drive herself to volunteer or even drive. She slept the entire trip to Lufkin. By the time we arrived she was able to sit up and enjoy her computer...I mean enjoy the day! ha Please do continue to pray for her.

Calah was a wonderful cook. She made twice baked potatoes and a cherry cheesecake that was a big hit! Of course we had lots and lots of good food. I am proud of my daughter in law! I am thankful she wanted to contribute to the feast. Trent and Myron were too subdued. They didn't give the Elms a trul glimpse of a Smith Holiday.

Mamaw and Papaw are always wonderful hosts. We enjoyed our time with them and Myron, Kim, and Jackson. Gavin was at the deer lease with his other Papaw. Sharla called while we were eating. We all MISS Sharla. She lives in Florida and we don't see her and her sweet little family often enough.

As I said a good holiday is one spent with friends. We were blessed to be joined by our friends, Bro. & Sis. Wendell Elms and Dede, Cherish, & Hunter Cooley. Dede is my Thanksgiving sister in law! This was our 2nd year to have them apart of our day. Bro. Cooley is a mighty hunter and he spends Thanksgiving at the lease.

After traveling home we visited my Mom and Popsie. Karen & Jake; Carla; Jared; Scott, Courtney & Kyleigh; Megan; and Tootsie all joined us there. Of course Jake and Kyleigh were the center of attention. Kyleigh loved Bishop and Jake did not. What a show it was!

This morning if I can get Mr. Slowpoke moving I am ready to 'hit' the sales. This year I'm not shopping for my family but rather my outreach babies. I have money donated to me to buy gifts for these sweet children. Many of them are from at risk homes. CUPC is making a HUGE difference in their lives. We are going to have an incredible Christmas the Sunday morning prior to Christmas.

Can you believe it is already Christmas '08? We really are moving right along....

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I know... time is truly moving right along! The busier we are the faster time flies by... and you are truly one busy lady!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

She's working me pretty hard too.....

The husband