Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Reasons to Go to Heaven

Daddy
Papaw Ingram
Mamaw Ingram
and lots of other friends & family

Last evening I was visiting with my step-dad. He's retired but works at a funeral home part-time. He was mentioning that they are really busy. We talked about this time of the year seems to have lots of deaths.

It just doesn't seem right that in the midst of holidays we experience death, grieving, and loss. I feel for those families who may be grieving this year. I know joy will come again. Sure you will have those moments but some how joy returns.

A couple of weeks ago I was visiting my Mother-in-law. We began looking thru pics. I found a beautiful picture of Sharla on her wedding day with Grandma Baldree. Grandma was such a precious lady. Immediately big tears came to my Mother-in-law's eyes as she placed the picture near her heart. Later she laughed that she is like Grandma because with different pics came different moanings and utterances. You know the ooohhhs, ahhhhhh, & awwwww's. She said Grandma struggled when seeing some pics just remembering people and their situations.

I love pics, love memories, and am thankful for such a heritage....it just gives me MORE reasons to go to Heaven as if Jesus wasn't enough!!!! Yes, HE is but all the other people are worth it, too.

Check out a gorgeous picture of Mamaw Ingram on Charming Hospitality She was a true Christian. She lived to be over 90 years old.....she was a praying lady. She loved the kitchen (whistled as she worked), sewed, quilted, played the piano, loved southern gospel music, loved preachers, was a bookkeeper, and adored her family. I think I was her favorite!!!!! That's not nice is it???? Oh by the way Mom has 2 of her Christmas cactus. They are in full bloom!!!! I LOVE keeping her alive.....

I'm pretty sure nothing will separate me from heaven....I have too many reasons to miss out!

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

It will be wonderful to see our loved ones and friends some day. I have a son and a granddaughter there. What a reunion that will be.