Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's the Life!

We are busy that just seems to be my life. I've felt some pressures of late from a few places. I've had a little health issue or two nothing too big but annoying. I am 45 years old and have proudly proclaimed I've never received a ticket....well last week ALMOST ruined that record. My cute little sporty Lexus doesn't sport a front license plate. Last Thursday enroute to Lufkin a trooper pulled me over solely due to the lack of front license plate. He was kind, warned me and let me go. Saturday driving home from San Maros looooooooooooooooong story short is I almost got arrested by an irate officer. He was driving in excess of 100 mph. I did look in mirrors, he was way back and I changed lanes. Due to the slow speed of the vehicle in front of me and my driving slow and the officers speed he was on me when I got around the car. He stopped me, literally yelled at me, and gave me 4 tickets. He basically told me he wanted to arrest me. I was shaking like a falling leaf! Yesterday I got the nerve to call the Police Chief of that city. I asked him to pull the video tape. Remember I am only 45 years old. The officer called me old, asked if I was unstable, asked if I was listening to loud music (nothing was on), and a bunch of other mess. The chief reviewed the tape, called me back and confirmed my feelings. In fact he realized I didn't even describe it as badly as the scene really was. There wasn't just cause for the officer to be driving 100 mph either. The officer reported to his supervisor and chief that after leaving the scene he knew he had messed up. He reported he supposedly destroyed the citation. Of course I wasn't notified. What if I would have driven a couple of hrs back to court? hummmm Oh well, at least I'm back to a no ticket status. Praise the Lord!

I launched a new project yesterday, Charming Hospitality. Click on those words and it will take you to the site. Wow! It's something I think I will enjoy. I do want to share my resources and help train others. I love the home!

My kids have been mucho busy of late. They are working on Christmas and a huge rally for tomorrow night. Trent is such a diligent person. He has Nate Lawrence preaching. The TBC Chorale, Lorna Brittany Macey and singers, and our ensemble will be ministering in music. Of course every light, instrument, etc has to be just right. The girls are busy working on music and drama for Christmas, too. We haven't had family time in a couple of weeks.

Last night we had good church! Trent is a good worship leader for Wednesday nights. He doesn't fall into the trap of we are too tired to worship yet he doesn't expect us to jump and shout either. He promotes worship, gets everyone worshipping and does a great job of worshipping himself. Kent preached from the scripture "let there be light and there was light". He basically prepared for Sunday's day of miracles. Whatever God said 'let or allow' happened. We felt great faith.

Of course the world is bad, economy is horrible, all the mess with states voting for gay marriages, etc is alarming but hey what better time for revival. Jesus Christ is our hope. We do not look to the world for our hope. I don't want to become depressed about the world and all its failures and problems. A couple of people in our church have either been laid off or have received word they will be by year end. I know that is horrible. My prayer is God will provide for each family. He is our provider. The Word doesn't say He is the provider in a stable market or economy. In those times of stability we may not have to know Him as provider. I didn't know him as comforter until I lost my Dad. I didn't know him as healer until I have had major health issues or my children have had health issues that God has healed. It wasn't until times when my mind was tormented with fear or bad circumstances that I knew him as my Peace that passed understanding. Today God is our answer it is in Him that I put my trust. He is our hope!!!

Lord, have mercy! I've left blogging and went to preaching! ha Take it friend be encouraged...be blessed be comforted...be filled with hope and assurance. I'm preaching to myself, too!!!! Love all you sweet friends.....

9 comments:

Jill Crow said...

Thank you so much for words today. They are encouraging and uplifting. Just want I needed this morning.

Karen J. Hopper said...

You keep preaching on. We need these good kinds of messages about how God watches over us (removal of ticket), revival, faith, knowing the Comforter, healing, and that He is our hope. If the people called by His name don't tell it, who will? Love and blessings to you and yours this day.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sis Hopper! God is not broke,sick or depressed. He is the "Light". Lord Bless You this Day!! Sis. Debbie from Beaumont!

KAN said...

I many times am utterly amazed and then incredibly proud at the same time at the level of leadership demonstrated by Trent and Calah.

But, I would like to also interject, humorously, but also seriously, that the Sunday nite worship leader has an anointing on his life, and he leads the church in worship, of course with Calah, in a manner that makes this old mama so humbled.

He gives a part of himself to God on Sunday nite that I only hoped and prayed would be manifested.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do with the group of young adults that are leading in our services.

You know Sis Smith, these kids of ours--Trent, Calah, Redonia, Andrew, Matt, Stephen--we've put into them all we can, and I know as a mama I feel so truly humbled knowing I can't pray enough, just asking God to continue keeping his hand on these young people of ours. They're going to go some place with God.

Again, I can't wait. I sit with baited breath...

Susan Hill said...

Great post, or shall I say postS? You definately covered several subjects there! Thanks for the encouragement!! And I'm so glad you were able to get the tickets cleared-up!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story about the tickets - I am sure you were scared to death but thankful it all worked out well. Yes Tracie it is me, Tammye Bass. Sorry just now got to answer you from October. I live in Troy, TX and work in the wonderful town of Salado, TX. Just got caught up reading all of your posts. Too busy the last few days. Love the "Charming Hospitality" too - I am sure it will prove helpful in many areas in the future. Love you all Tammye Bass

Tracie Smith said...

Hey Tammye!!!! Girl I miss you. We've shared some hummmmm wonderful and crazy times together. I hate when distance and time separates friends. Tell your family hello for me. I would love to see you all. You are a pretty southern girl, too. If you have any ideas send them my way.

Jill, how strange that you and Tammye would post the same day! Girl, I'm just glad I was a blessing. Times often get tough but we've 'gotta' stayed focused on Him. I heard your dad had some complications. In fact we've prayed for him. Hope he is better now.

Thanks all of you for reading my ramblings today! I love God, church, and all the blessings of life. Hope everyone's day has been blessed!

Anonymous said...

Kan, you said it I love to watch these kids lead the services. Matthew and Calah do an awesome job when they lead. I love to watch Matt, and am so thankful what God has done and is doing in his life. Of course Stevo can tear those keys up and Andrew is so dedicated to the Kingdom, you are truly Blessed with those boys. I am very proud of my grand's, God must be first in their lives and that is SO important. SP/Grammy

Anonymous said...

AND they said "Our life is Dull"!!!