Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday Happenings

Tuesday night I got tired of the election news and went to bed very early. My siblings called several times and I chatted with them but I would dose right back to sleep. Consequently I arose early today. I'm always pretty much an early riser but this morning it was before 6:00. Instead of despair I felt hope and excitement.

As I read the Bible and prayed for my day excitement began to grow even stronger. Later I enjoyed a time of Bible Study at Starbucks with a new friend. There is nothing that equals talking about the Word. The sweet lady loves the Word and has in fact led several Bible Study Groups. I hope she and I can rekindle these. How exciting would that be? I believe thru my new most special friend God is going to open several doors. This dear lady is in her 70's but feels God has something special for her to do. She loves what she felt in our Pentecostal Church Sunday. She loves the warmth she felt from the congregation. Can you tell I already love her and am so excited about what God is doing not only in her life but for others through her. She is such a great adventuresome lady. I love her intelligence and radiant countenance. She enjoyed a succesful career and and has been successful rearing very professional children including a doctor.

Our church has received very positive feedback from visitors this week. One visiting family emailed Kent that they loved the friendliness of our church. They appreciated the excitement their child had in regards to our Sunday School. Additionally our nursery gave them a very pleasant experience. They even remembered the nursery worker's name! (you go Dana!!!)

Upon returning from my Bible Study, my dear husband was in need of lunch. We enjoyed sharing our exciting mornings. He enjoyed telling me of someone from Oklahoma called the church for me. One of the secretaries passed the call to him. He 'thinks' the caller was Susie! lol He is NOT a secretary! ha Susie (if that's correct) called because she enjoys my blog. She wanted my address and is sending me subscription to a magazine. He thinks "Southern Lady". Well, dear Sis. Susie or whomever you are thank you for reading my many ramblings. Often there is so much going on I need two blogs! I probably share too much details for one blog!

Tonight we had a great service. I was blessed to be in God's presence. I sure have an awesome pastor!!!!

Tomorrow Kent and I are driving separately to Lufkin. He will be staying a couple of days and I will stay over night. We are attending a TBC Alumni Banquet tomorrow evening. Tomorrow Kent and his Dad have a golf game planned. I'm sure my Mother-in-law and I will find something enjoyable to do. Maybe I will find a quiet spot and take a nap, too!

Friday morning I will be driving home alone. (not too good...I'm a sleepy head in the car) Then Friday afternoon a group of our ladies are going to San Marcos on a outlet shopping excursion. Redonia, Calah and I will share a room. Ok those two are extremists. They are either extremely crazy or extremely solemn. I'm sure we will have fun regardless their mood. If they decide to curl up and read or enjoy their laptops I may find time to blog otherwise you possibly will not hear from me for a few days.

Sorry for so much detail... Nikki Greer taught me something profound though. With internet, emails, and blogs if you don't want to read someone's writing you just don't have to! lol Thank you Nikki...I love you bunches!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should never blog that you will be driving alone anywhere. Lord Bless you.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Bro. Smith did awesome in last night's service even with the wall he had to break through!! I thank God for a sensitive, annoited Pastor & wife....love ya'll.

p.s. have fun in Lufkin and come back ready to SHOP!!!!!

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, it was so good seeing you and Bro. Smith tonight. I enjoyed the laughs together. Also, I know you will enjoy your drive tomorrow with your "Friend". It's always nice to have Him around. Love you! :)

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

What road you going to be driving on?

I like blonde 45 year olds in fancy little white cars.....

Vicki said...

I forgot about the TBC meeting - I should have gone up with you and then you wouldn't have had to drive alone :-)

Karla said...

Tracie!! I have to fill you in on that phone call from Oklahoma! We were sitting in our "Sunday restaurant" a couple weeks ago. A lady walked up and said "hello - I know you from your blog!!" Long-story-short, she was led to our blogs through a lady in our church. Through these blogs she found yours and you have blessed her tremendously!! That is why she is sending you the magazine. I was supposed to send her your address and got so busy, didn't get to it, so she found your church and called to get it through them. (I'm so sorry for not sending it!!!!)

I'll tell you all the details when I see you. Keep up the good work. You are (we all are) ministering to those around us - even when we don't know them or know they are reading!