Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for many things. In fact too many to list. Allow me to summarize a few things:
  • God - I want to keep Him my priority.
  • My husband, my friend of 26.5 years. I LOVE being his wife! He's a great husband, dad, & pastor.
  • My daughter - a gift from God. She's most compassionate & talented. She finds ways to serve others EVERY day. Today its @ Salvation Army - feeding the hungry.
  • My son - a miracle child. An incredible help to us. He's full of leadership, life and laughter.
  • My daughter-in-law. She adores our son and fits our family. She's a homemaker.
  • My parents - all 3 of them.
  • My family - way too many to name,
  • Kent's parents - they gave me my BEST gift.
  • Kent's family - again too many to name.
  • CUPC Family - what a church!
  • All my outreach babies and their families.
  • The health of my family - (Redonia is even better today)
  • My many friends - the coming year I hope to make even more new friends

While there are many other things that I have to be thankful for this list just summarizes most of them. I can't imagine life without any of the people I listed. Well, Dad isn't here today but I do have him with me. He will always be in my heart. For some reason every single holiday my thoughts still go to him.

I hope where ever your holiday plans take you today, you will find joy in the presence of those you love. Kent and I are traveling to Lufkin and will enjoy time with his parents, our family, and Myron and his family. I'm sure there maybe a guest or two, also.

Happy Thanksgiving, may your day be blessed!!!!

4 comments:

Deadra Backhus said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I am glad Redonia is better. I know how much she loves Grammy's dressing and it would be sad if she missed it. I am so Thankful for you. You mean alot to me. I don't know what I would do without you sometimes. Thank you so much for who you are to me. I love your guts.....lol

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wishing you and yours a Happy Blessed Thanksgiving.

Keith and Carla said...

I pray you and the family had a wonderful Thanksgiving together!

Carrie Blair said...

Happy Thanksgiving!