Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Miracles Happen & More....

We had an awesome Sunday. Sunday morning I was the only 'adult' for the van route. We had 19 wild, hyper, frisky children. I was afraid the cold weather would make frisky little fellows!!!! We used three vehicles to transport them home. The extra help was MUCHO appreciated. I love my babies but some times babies can drive 'mommas' crazy and Sunday was one of those days.

During one of the first songs a usher came to my front row seat. I was needed in the office. One of the little bus boys got his finger caught badly in a folding chair. It was pretty flat, cut, and he couldn't move it. I immediately explained what a miracle is and asked if I could pray for it. Well as soon as I stopped praying I asked how it felt. He wiggled the finger and said, "I felt God get in my finger!" I'm not sure where that came from because I didn't say anything close to that when talking to him. I simply told him Jesus could touch his finger and make it feel better. He went back to Sunday School. When I dropped him off he told me Jesus was still in his finger and was definitely moving it normally. He said that was his first time to be prayed for and his first time to feel Jesus!

Deadra's family was in service Sunday. Yesterday her sister-in-law gave birth to a precious 4lb 4 oz baby born with Edwards Syndrome. Much to the doctor's surprise the baby is still surviving. She is a vey sick baby with many complications but we are still believing for a miracle. The doctors are doing nothing to take credit for the survival. She isn't on oxygen or anything. She is solely surving because of God. Please keep Kenzie in your prayers. I know Letha and Brandon, Kenzie's parents, appreciate the prayers, too. They are such sweet people. I believe God is going to continue to work in their lives, too. I love babies and am thankful I was able to meet Miss Kenzie today. Brandon and Letha are very tender and wept as Kent prayed for their baby after delivery.

My sweet dad lost the battle with brain cancer 27 years ago. In fact it was 27 yrs ago this week he was buried. Every year I want to deal with it stronger. I mean after 27 years I should be able, too. Well today my Mom sends us all a 'reminder'. None of us needed the reminder! How do any of us forget? We all have been dealing with it in our quite way. I honestly can say I don't get depressed but just become introspective. Dad was quite a man. He was a revivalist, a family man, a sharp dresser, witty, a leader, and on and on I could go. I'm thankful for the 18 years I had with Dad. I know much of who I am today is because of Daddy's influence.

Years later - I think 10 years later my Mom remarried. Carl Patrick is a wonderful man. I love him so much! He is a MOST amazing granddaddy to my children. They both love him. I think he maybe a little partial to Redonia now but that's ok. She's always given him lots of hugs and kisses. Of course he used to do more for Trent. I'm not sure how many pairs of boots he bought Trent and how many trips to see his mail jeep. The kids were 3 and 4 when Grammy and Popsie married. Popsie we ALL love you!!!!

This marriage made our family grow. Popsie and his wife (who also fought a losing battle with cancer) had 5 children. My parents had 4 children. Now there are 9 children, 8 in laws, 15 grandchildren, and 2 grands-in-law. We have quite a family! Of course all 9 kids stay in close contact with Grammy and Popsie and even most of the 9 of us talk pretty often to one another.

NOW for the purpose in all the hoopla about my family. One of my steps who I do communicate with almost daily has decided to follow this older sister's lead and start a blog. For the past week I've tried helping her set it up. Ok...I've even caused her grief with it, too! One day I emailed her very cleary step by step details. Well the first thing I said was on the 'left side' of your layout do....Well Karen did ...on the left side of her blog only to put her links in the 'body' of the blog and not on the side bar. Her template is reversed from mine. I felt HORRIBLE....really horrible. She should have read my mind! Well finally it's all corrected and she is ready for visitors!!!!!! Many of you know Karen Kay Patrick Hackfield.....She's an awesome friend, very compassionate, a wonderful singer, mommy, wife, daughter, and most important she's my sister! We love each other and are grateful for our lives shared together. Karen wishes she had her Momma. I wish I had my Daddy but hey life doesn't always give us what we want. We've made lemonade from our bad situations and aren't complaing. Karen loves Grammy for Jake like we love Popsie for our kids. She loves my Mom and I love her Dad. I love Karen,too. She's insanely funny most of the time!!!! Love ya girl and welcome to blogging.....

Ok and for a good day go to Cylinda's" post....the true answer to my entanglement blog is get yourself out of yourself...get up and rejoice!!!! Thanks Mrs. Cylinda! :)

1 comment:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Thank you so much Sis. Smith for posting prayer for Kenzie....everyone's prayer are being heard and felt. I have not had time to really post anything. So thanks again for the help. Love you!!!!