Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunday

I LOVE Sundays. In fact Sunday is my favorite day of the week. It's on Sunday that I arrive at the church around 8:45 am. I GET to go on the van route, get to talk with some of the parent's of my outreach kids, get to catch up on the happenings of my 'lil 'crazies', get to go to church and worship, and get to take my babies home. Most Sunday's I squeeze in a good long nap. Then I return to church for the evening service. After service I unwind after a fulfilling day.

TODAY my afternoon schedule was altered. I decided to prepare soup, salad, and desserts for Rick & Stacy Perry, metro missionaries, and some of the ministry families of CUPC. Hence I didn't have time for a nap.

Our outreach efforts were great this morning. Both services were good. The past few Sunday nights have turned to worship/prayer services. Tonight the service was conducive to preaching. I enjoy preaching, too!

Tomorrow I will post my menu from tonight's fellowhsip at our home on Charming Hospitality. Sleep has finally come upon me. I truly hope each of you enjoy a blessed week.

Love you all....

1 comment:

Jana Allard said...

I agree. There is nothing like going to the house of God and seeing people touched by Him. When I get home Sunday night, it takes me a couple hours to wind down. Before I read your post, I was already thinking about making soup for dinner tonight. :) Maybe you should share your recipe of what kind of soup you made. :) The men in my house recently completed a 15 day fast and they have been staying away from meat. I guess I will make vegetable soup. I like to use Swanson's Chicken broth and V-8 juice for the base then add all the various veggies, beans and spices.