Wednesday, December 10, 2008

?Enjoying? the Week!

Yes I am!!

Sunday night was our annual Christmas Banquet. The tables were pretty, the food was delicious, the crowd was great, & the entertainment was good. We had a great banquet! It was great seeing so many of our new people at the banquet. Just as I enjoy dinner with my family so do I enjoy banquets with my CUPC family. Church gatherings are healthy to keep people connected.

Monday was a stressful day for me. Yes, I am human and yes I have struggles! Amazing how God always helps me though. Kent had a project @ the church with a couple of men. I spent the evening preparing for our staff party. I needed the alone time. In the midst of dealing with my struggles I was in Wal-Mart. What a horrible place to be dealing with life! First off let me say I normally buy groceries @ Kroger. I went to HEB I grew more frustrated and left. I went to Kroger again I felt frustration and left. I walked around Sams. I love that place! Then I decided I had to buy groceries for the party. I went into Wal-Mart which is next door. I detest shopping at Wal-Mart. There I ran into Bro. & Sis. Danny Lewis. They pastor a East Texas church. I asked "What on earth are you doing buying groceries here?" Sis. Lewis laughed, "We are here staying in a condo and going to do our Christmas shopping this week." We chatted a few minutes. She said they brought church clothes and plan to visit us Wednesday night. Amazing how standing in Wal-Mart catching up with a friend helps to erase your struggles. In fact I am certain she didn't even know I was dealing with a struggle.

Tuesday I arose early. Normally I employ a house cleaner. This year I decided I could handle it myself. Why did I think that? Probably because I enjoy cleaning my own home. I spent most of the day making sure everything was just right. Then I began to prepare the meal. For some crazy reason I decided to start the meal early. No for some God reason I did! I have a great kitchen for cooking for a crowd. My stove top has 5 burners. I have double large ovens. One of my ovens decided to not work. It never did work! Oh well, I managed most people have only 1 oven but how do you make it with one??? I managed to cook the chicken in the lower oven. Once the chicken was done I baked the rolls. I sent Trent to Mom's to bake the carrots. (Mom lives next door!) Sorry you spilled oil on your pants, bub.

The party was great! I prepared for 28 guests. Madeline and Deadra helped me before the party. Madeline is my 8 year old niece. I enjoy teaching her how to do things. Maddie folded napkins and put out the flatware. She also cleaned all my doors. (I hate dirty doors!) She's a GREAT helper. I'm thinking one day she will be a preacher's wife. She loves to do for others more than herself, likes to decorate, and loves praying with friends in the altar. Deadra is one of my 'bestest workers'. I have to say 'one of' or Redonia will get m-a-d! lol Glenda Martin arrived early to help with all the finishing touches. Then she totally cleaned the kitchen while the rest of us were having fun. What would I do without her???? I can always count on Sis. Martin!

You can check out my menu on my Charming Hospitality Blog. Kent and I bought Fitz & Floyd Christmas serving pieces for the staff. I think everyone loved their gifts! I bought cute Santa and snowmen patterns. I love Fitz and Floyd!!!

Today it's off to buy a Christmas tree for the program. After church Courtney, Calah, and I will decorate the tree. It's going to be beautiful. Yes it will be front and center on our stage. I love Christmas!

Tuesday night is our annual ladies Christmas party at our home. We will have a huge crowd!!! I can't wait. I'll prepare soup, salad, and desserts.

At some point I need to begin my Christmas shopping. I am sure I will soon. I have some good pictures taken during the season. Thanks Redonia for the pics! Maybe later today I will create a slide show to share them.

Today it's cold in Conroe. Check out our forecast:
Dec 10 Rain to Snow 40° high 27° low 70% chance of precipitation

I hope each of you are enjoying a blessed Christmas season!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I taught you how to cook and use recipes.......LOL
It was a delicious meal!!!!!YUMMY
I love my gifts. I am sorry that I wasn't able to help you prepare as I was a week behind gettng all my Christmas decorations up (due to spending a week in PigeonForge/Gatlinburg with Kelly and his family and the other grandparents, Bro. & Sis. Wayne McClain) but thanks to Megan and Carrie Blair and of course Popsie we finally got them all done. Our yard looks like a winter wonder land and Popsie takes all the credit for that. I love my house and just think this year you didn't have to help with it and you can enjoy it all the better. By the way I sure miss our buddy, Sis. Alba but I know she is enjoying being with her sweet mom right now, and we have to share her. LOL
I love you bunches, Mom/Shirley

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith everything was perfect and I loved my Fitz & Floyd. Thank you for all your hard work it was much appreciated.
Love you
Tina

Karen J. Hopper said...

Love the whole Christmas scene - decorating, parties, menus, snow (unfortunately not at our place), shopping, and Fitz & Floyd. Keep on enjoying those blessings!

GT said...

Bless you sis!