Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's a Wonderful Day!!!

I awoke long before the alarm went off @ 6:30 this morning. However, when the alarm went off I thought it was late enough to make two phone calls. Aren't you glad I didn't call you at 6:30? My first phone call was to Redonia. Yes she was upstairs but hey we don't have an intercom so we call one another. I know I know we are a little strange! lol She was awake but I still called her. She sounded like a little froggy. She's still a sick little froggy.

My second call was to my Bub. No not Baby Boy Bub, Trent. I wouldn't dare call him @ 6:30. He is Oscar the Grouch until his feet hits the floor. Then he is a singing bird. Poor Calah, my other sick froggy. Ok on with the story.....I called my Bub, my brother, the one and only one of our immediate family that carries on my maiden name. That's kinda sad if I think about it. My little bubba isn't so little any more. In fact well....let's just leave it at my little bubba isn't.....I was hoping I would wake him up but I didn't. I was disappointed. He loves calling and waking all of us sisters up. He's such a brat!

Let me tell you about my brother. Oh I guess I should share his name for those of you who have't met him. His name is Raymond Scott Thomas. He is the best brother that any sister could ever and I do mean ever want. Scotty Boy was born on December 18, 1972. He was born with some health issues and was immediately transported to the Children's Hospital in Birmingham Alabama. Bub is our Christmas baby. He came home on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Mom will definitely set the record straight when she reads this post! lol Both of Scott's lungs collapsed at birth. He is our Christmas Miracle.

Each year on his birthday Mom got him a winter decorated cake. You know the one with the little green trees on them. Poor mistreated kid had to just get one of his Christmas gifts for his birthday. He was so deprived. He always got one less gift than the girls! ha ha ha ha

Everyone has always loved Scott. When he was just a kid he had the most out going personality. He has left us with some awesome childhood memories....tearing up all his cars to see what they were made of, spray painting toys, stuff cats yes real cats in metal lunch boxes and then sliding the box under the chest freezer ---- he thought it was neat when Dad found it and let the screaming cat out. Scott's comments was "You shouldda seen dat cat scratching!" Scott couldn't pronounce 'f' but rather said 'h' === hoot, hinger, hireturck, get the picture! lol Daddy bought him a pony when he was about 8 yrs old. The goofy boy sold the pony, feed, saddle, and all for $25 to a neighbor. He had a pet alligator. Scott began working at about 14 yrs of age at a grocery store. All the old ladies loved him and wanted Scott to take out their groceries. He always made big tips. He never meets a stranger. Scott is very compassionate. He loves his family. Scott is an awesome son. He is a wonderful brother. He is a great uncle. He is great daddy to his two beautiful girls. He loves his wife, Courtney. He loves doing things to make all 3 of his girls happy. Just last week Kent and I talked about Scott's generosity to his girls.

Scott loves people. We sometimes call him Oscar the Grouch. He loves waking up people but hummmm if you ever wake him up or keep him up once he's tired he forgets it is pay back! He rarely is grouchy though. He is brilliant with details. He is a wonderful cook. He loves making arrangements with his food. He did incredible with Calah and Trent's fruit display @ the wedding. He is famous for his cheesecakes. He loves participating in cook-offs. He has played Santa for a few civic events. Shhhhh don't tell the kids but he's Santa at our church each year. He has a professional suit that is so beautiful. He loves Santas. He loves the outdoors - four wheelers, hunting, fishing, boating, jet skiing. He sings well he just doesn't use his talent for the Lord and I could beat his bootie!!! He is an incredible front door usher. He makes every guest who enters the church feel welcome.

Ok, you other sisters and Mom help me out....there is so much I could say about my brother. Let me just finish up by saying Happy Birthday, Bub, Bubba, Scott, Scotty Boy, Raymond, Nerd or whomever you are at the moment. You make everyone feel special. You do too much for all of us.....Tonight we are going to have a fun time for your birthday. I hope this is the best one you've ever had.

As I type this the following email just came thru from Scott:

All the girls and Corbin had my desk decorated, have tons of food, even a cake with red and green and christmas trees. they are all in red with santa's helpers hats on and had me a santa hat to wear.


Scott you deserve not only the family party but the work party. You've always done so much for everyone else. I love you. Happy Birthday

9 comments:

Vicki said...

he is all of that and so much more! However, she didn't tell you of the time she smothered him with a pillow because she thought he was going to tell on here HA! Siblings will be siblings ;-)

Anonymous said...

1st correction he was born in 1970 making him 38 years old today. He was C Section and both lungs collapsed at birth. They told us one lung would have to be removed as it wouldn't inflate and maybe the other would be okay. He was immediately transferred to the Birmingham, Alabama Childrens hospital. The doctors words to your dad was that a Higher Power had intervened as both lungs started working. Of course we know the Higher Power, Jesus. You girls and I didn't get to see him or hold him until he was 7 days old when your Maw Maw and daddy brought him home from the hospital on Christmas Day. He was our real Christmas doll that year!
Scott would truly give you the shirt off his back and really loves people. I love my boy and he is so good to Popsie and me!

Trent Smith said...

Scotty Boi,

What times we have had together. The all time best is probably me driving his BMW 160 mph on I-45 when I was only 15... Oh yes the top was down too.... Scott you are awesome. Love ya big boy.

Trent

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Happy Birthday Scott!!! Hope your day is marvelous!!!

Jill Crow said...

As a youth, Scott was one of my best friends and he loved to come over and hang out with my dad. Great memories and I want to wish Scott a Happy Birthday! I finally met your wife at Women's Conference and she is so nice and lovely and your daughters are beautiful!

Karen Kay said...

Scott - you know you rock in my book too! I love you mucho - even before you became my "other" brother. We had so much fun - you, me, Orlin and all the rest of the bunch that use to hang out together! I'm so proud of who you have become.....you have a beautiful familyl!!!

Love you!
karen

Linda Weldon said...

Scott is one of my favorite people! When you are around him - he just makes you smile! He has one of the most awesome personalities - he is kind to everyone! And oh - what a chef! mmmmm!!!!! My husband and I love him and his sweet wife and girls SO MUCH!! Scott - have a WONDERFUL Birthday!!!! Sis. Weldon

KAN said...

I bought a shirt for Scott last Christmas just because I wanted to, hid it in the house, then promptly forgot all about it. (he's not one of my usual gift-getters, and wasn't on the list...)

When Stephen got out the Christmas stuff this year, there was a "package" tucked inside some of the decorations. I opened it and there was Scott's gift. I couldn't wait. I gave it to him immediately. It is/was so appropriate.

It is a t-shir that simply says:

GREAT SCOTT!!

Happiest of days to you! Love you and your family.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Scott. Very nice tribute your sister gave you so you have to be special.