Friday, December 12, 2008

THINK......Ignite....Don't Blame

"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire first." - Reggie Leach

A great frustration of mine is too many people blame others for their problems, their spouse's problems, and their children's problems. I agree with Reggie Leach to be successful we can't wait for a spontaneous combustion but rather we MUST ignite ourselves. I realize circumstances are apart of who we are but they do not mark who we become. Simply we can not make excuses. We all have many reasons for frustration, for failure, for offense. Why remain dim because of issues? We must drop the excuse and ignite ourselves in order to be successful.
  • What kind of day will we enjoy if we begin the day ignited?
  • What success will be derived from an ignited me?
  • If Kent faces the day 'lit' how powerful will he be?
  • If Trent wil lite his own passion how consuming will he be?
  • If Redonia begins her college studies lit what will the outcome be?
We exist with others around us but ultimately it is up to one's ownself to find success each day. It isn't the professors fault if Redonia bombs a test. It isn't the fault of a distraction that will hinder Trent. If Kent's burden slips it isn't the fault of the congregation or his minister friends. If I don't accomplish the goal set before me it isn't the fault of anyone other than myself.

Dear God, I must accept the challenge to self ignite. I live in a world consumed with the philosophy that every problem is the fault of others. Societal belief is it is the responsibility of others to bail out. Let me ignite to become the person YOU want me to become. I KNOW I can do all things through You, Jesus, who strengthens me!

4 comments:

Jana McVay said...

Amen! What a powerful way to start my day here in not-so-sunny So. California! Thank you for reminding me that only I can control how I let circumstances effect my attitude, my abilities, and my future!

I, too, want to be ignited and trust the Lord to help me do what I must to win souls and make Heaven my home!

Anonymous said...

Well put. Think how much more powerful "The Church" can become if we will all live by this mindset. "The World" is getting darker, so we've got to burn brighter and stronger. Thanks for such an inspiring post. God Bless!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

This blog will definitely PREACH, Tracie. It is excellent....now if we can live what you wrote, things will be lighter!!!!!.....and brighter!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tracie, Would you mind emailing me your private email address? I have wanted to discuss something with you for awhile. Everytime I read your blog I have felt a nudge to talk to you but have not done so. Now I know it's time. Mine is cadensnonnie@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Sheri Long