Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

I want to wish each of you a MERRY Christmas.....Think about the word merry!

Last evening I enjoyed hosting my 8 sibilings and their families for a Christmas birthday party for our (step)Dad. Everyone was here except Trent, Calah & Mark. Wow! What an accomplishment. Redonia took a picutre of everyone. I haven't seen it yet but it should be interesting. This was the very first time in 17 years that we had so many of us together at one time. I know our parents enjoyed the evening. We had waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much food. Kent made bacon wrapped shrimp that was a big hit! Let me give him credit before he pops a comment about his help. Oh and since I had fever and was sick he helped alot in the kitchen. He washed every dish! Thanks, Kent! We filled Popsie's old and I do mean old boots with 305 $1.00 bills. He was very surprised. We gave him instructions to buy himself a new pair of boots.

Redonia opened a few gifts last night. She had Uncle Mickey, Aunt Kristi, Madeline, Gentry & Mallorie stay and be apart of her Christmas. She was a little sad with out her Bub this year. We are awaiting the now late Trent and Calah to arrive so we can enjoy Santa with them. They are going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo surprised!!!!! I love surprising my kids! Speaking of surprises, Kent really got me good he bought me a new laptop! Whoo Hoo....Mine will be passed to Madeline who will pass the one Uncle Kent gave her to Gentry. Talking about regifting! lol I called the kids and told them. Gentry screamed, "I got a laptop!!!" I have Kent a awesome surprise for today, too! He has NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea!!!!

This morning I took Grammy and Popsie stockings. I can't believe they both said it was their first stockings to ever receive. Wow! I just filled with a bunch of strange ideas. Popsie got strawberry preserves, honey, peanut brittle and a shoe shine sponge. Grammy got Vienna Sausages (she loves them!), shower gelt, candy, & a note pad. I'm sure they got a few other items but these are the ones that come to mind.

We are going to Mom's for lunch and a gift exchange with my siblings, neices, & nephews. We always have lots of great food. Mom & Popsie are wonderful cooks. Each of us children contribute to the meal, too. I am taking hashbrown casserole and several yummy desserts. I love my family and spending time with them.

Again, please have a most MERRY Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all

7 comments:

Carrie Blair said...

Merry, merry Christmas!!!

Karen Prince said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Vicki said...

I have a slide show of last night on my blog. Can't wait to see the family picture! It was a great 2 days now we are all tired and stuffed! =)

Anonymous said...

Well we keep goofing up with the names of those not here....hA
Mark, Karen's husband, Trent and Calah, and Abigail, Scott's oldest daughter. The party was Awesome the food was superb but most of all us just gettng to be together and I know was a sacrifice on most of you to drive during the middle of rush hour traffic in Houston, Texas and Christmas Eve on top of that and most of you had other places to go the same night. Popsie was so schocked with his gift and so excited. Since he wears an "A" width shoe he can't just walk in a store and buy any type of shoe.......really frustrating to him and when he does find them they certainly aren't cheap by no means. Chris Ferguson, I have a feeling he will be coming to see you and having you place an order for him real soon. The neat thing right in the middle of our party the door bell rang and Popsie was awarded the $100.00 for having won the contest for 2nd best decorated yard in our neighborhood, which the guy told us we actually tied with first. Thanks again for all that you 9 kids do for us on a regular basis you all are the BEST!!!!
Love,
Mom/Shirley

Anonymous said...

Well we keep goofing up with the names of those not here....hA
Mark, Karen's husband, Trent and Calah, and Abigail, Scott's oldest daughter. The party was Awesome the food was superb but most of all us just gettng to be together and I know was a sacrifice on most of you to drive during the middle of rush hour traffic in Houston, Texas and Christmas Eve on top of that and most of you had other places to go the same night. Popsie was so schocked with his gift and so excited. Since he wears an "A" width shoe he can't just walk in a store and buy any type of shoe.......really frustrating to him and when he does find them they certainly aren't cheap by no means. Chris Ferguson, I have a feeling he will be coming to see you and having you place an order for him real soon. The neat thing right in the middle of our party the door bell rang and Popsie was awarded the $100.00 for having won the contest for 2nd best decorated yard in our neighborhood, which the guy told us we actually tied with first. Thanks again for all that you 9 kids do for us on a regular basis you all are the BEST!!!!
Love,
Mom/Shirley

Anonymous said...

oops why did it post twice....
Shirley

Karen J. Hopper said...

See where your Christmas was merry and bright. Please accept my belated wish - was enjoying what part of my family I had at home (it was only one person but I am blessed). With love.