Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Confession is good for the soul.....
  1. I haven't bought a single Christmas Gift - except for the Toy Drive
  2. I have NO CLUE what I'm buying most people on my 'list' -- the list of names is in my mind. Normally it's on paper
  3. In fact my husband hasn't even told me the budget......
  4. My married kids haven't cooperated and let me know what few hours I'll get for Christmas so I can plan....erggghhhhh they don't know the frustration this is causing me!
  5. I have a staff party @ our home Tuesday night. Kent and I always buy each of them a gift. I haven't bought these gifts and I don't know what I'm buying them. I shopped yesterday but I didn't see anything I liked. How do you buy for 15 people when some are young while others are older, some are married and some are single.............
  6. Sunday night is our Christmas Banquet - I hope Redonia has something to wear......I don't buy new for the banquet for me but I normally at least make sure Redonia is ok. I don't like wearing new so other's don't feel pressured to do likewise.
  7. I am in charge of selecting a tree for the sanctuary to be used for both our program and the toy drive. I'm picky about trees......haven't yet decided if it will be real or artificial!
  8. I was given the 09 church calendar yesterday to proof...hummmm I only proofed the month of January. Yes, I KNOW Deadra you need it back soon.
  9. I have about a dozen more toy drive gifts to wrap....I have 60 stockings to fill.....
  10. My Mom keeps hinting - no telling - well maybe strongly suggesting that when she gets back from Gatlinburg she would love to walk into her home and find her Christmas Tree decorated --- it's not!
  11. My Mother in Law has asked that each family present her with an 8x10 landscape family portrait for Christmas. Well, my daughter is our photographer but guess what she has 3 sessions Saturday so no time for us. She's in college at night and when it's not college its play practice, children's choir, sign team, etc all crammed in the other 2 nights. I suggested we take them Sunday then Kent reminded me that will not work because of our banquet.....
  12. My thank you's aren't complete for Pastor's Appreciation and now it's time for Christmas Cards. I will not distribute Christmas Cards until I finish my first obligation.......

I've been busy but I can see by the growing list I have not been busy enough. I'm thinking I need to sleep from 2 am - 5 am just so I can finish my list....My house will be ripped apart for the banquet on Sunday then it must be put back together for the staff party Tuesday night. I always get the ladies to help decorate for the Christmas banquet but didn't feel comfortable since it's on a Sunday night this year. When would they do it???? So my girls, Deadra, and Courtney will help me. You know the ones that I just keep stretching and stretching! lol I have enough 'Christmas' to decorate all the tables but I'm doing only 4 or 5 of them and the others girls will do the rest!

Next week it's the staff party on Tuesday night @ our home. I LOVE cooking and preparing for it. I endeavor to convert our home into a banquet hall. Everyone has a great time! Then it's off to get ready for the Christmas Program. My responsbility is the tree...well today I've been asked to go and get some more fabric for costumes.....I don't sew so we'll see how that works out! lol

Then it's getting ready for "ALL" yes I did mean "ALL" the CUPC ladies 18 and older to come to our home for a Christmas party. I prepare soup, salad, and desserts. Normally I get a few ladies to bring a dessert which sure helps me!!! We've really outgrown the 3900 sq ft I have but we'll make it one more year!! I think most ladies would be frustrated if it wasn't here. The stairs becomes stadium seats and every inch of floor space will be filled with decorated card tables and chairs. It's pretty...loud...and FUN>>>>>>>complete with another tree added to the living room for the ornament exchange. I have a pre-lit tree and as the ladies arrive they trim the tree. At the end of the night we do an ornament exchange on the order of the Chinese Gift Exchange Game....fun and crazy!!!

Ok, it really is the MOST wonderful time of the year in fact I've been enjoying the 'wonder' so much that I've not done some of the necessities....I've been caught up in the Mary/Martha syndrome....I better switch characters are NOTHING will ever be finished.........

It really is the most wonderful time of the year.....I have to be out and about today who can I find to share holiday cheer with????? Who can I invite to church...who can I give a little extra tip to?? Who can I share a 'hand up' with???? It's the MOST wonderful time of the year...who can I help make sure is having a MOST wonderful time......

Love you all.....oh by the way don't worry about me the list will get done....it always does.....I just don't need to do the 2 - 5 sleep routine or my enemy Mr. Seizure will return....Thank the Lord I've been seizure free for 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really is the MOST wonderful time of the year!!!!!

12 comments:

Cylinda Nickel said...

Praying for you today- YOU ROCK!!!!

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Wow! You made me tired just reading your post today! I have to admit I admire your ambition! and all for the sake of others too!! You must be an amazing lady!! I just bet those ladies you are not wanting to ask for help from for fear of overloading them, would be very pleased to help though! Go ahead and ask!!

Karen Kay said...

your making me tired just reading this list - and I thought my to-do's were bad! But, I know you - they will all be done and done with excellence! Love you

Susan Hill said...

You are making me feel a little better about my schedule this year! At least I do have most of my gifts purchased, Cherish was born on the 23 so that is another big thing in the mix! You'll make it! I finally decided to concentrate on the closest at hand and it works, I am exremely organized, so it's hard to only think of one at a time, but it sure saves frustration and confusion!!!!

Stacy said...

You make me tired reading your list. :-) But girlie girl.... You need to learn one word... DELEGATE!!!.. SHARE THE JOY.... There are ladies, I am sure, young and old that would LOVE to help you!!! Don't be afraid to ask. It might just be a blessing. :-) Merry Christmas!!

Tracie Smith said...

Ok, I am Queen Delegator! lol It's just there's lot for 'all' to do! lol

I did reach a couple of goals today!!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Tracie, I just got back to Reynosa...the church is almost completely decorated and ready for our ladies Christmas Celebration tomorrow night, I delivered a superlarge van-full of stuff to my new house, did errands at Wal Mart, emptied half of my stuff out of my office at church...the other half has to be moved tomorrow, got a post office box in Raymondville, waited 3 hours and 45 min. for the guy to come and hang blinds in my new house....empty time since I had nothing I could do in the new house.....now I am home and I need to refill the van, wash my hair, choose clothes for tomorrow...etc, etc. Do we qualify for the same club????????? Isn't fun!!!!!???!!! Love you, Susy

Anonymous said...

I am doing an Ornament Exchange at our Ladies' Holiday Breakfast this Saturday and I haven't quite decided how we should exchange them. This is our 1st Ornament Exchange. Your "Chinese Exchange" sounds fun. How does it work?

Karen J. Hopper said...

My "to do" list continues to grow, and the mark offs as completed are no where in sight. I shopped all day today, spent $4.13 (well, that's not including lunch). I've got to quit enjoying the holiday season so much and get serious. However it is so much fun to look.

KAN said...

AND, the lady who sews who had the AUDACITY to ask her pastor's wife to go and buy the fabric IS MORE THAN GRATEFUL!!!!! I am MORE THAN APPRECIATIVE of your efforts. There will be cute little sheep for the Christmas play, THANKS TO MY PASTOR's WIFE!!!!

I don't get off work until about 5:30, then it's my selfish time that I must have if I am ever going to get this weight off, and I go to the "gym" every night. I don't leave there until about 7, and then I can't go out shopping as "cute" as I look after the gym.

SO-O-O-O---Thanks also Sis Smith for a vested interest in me finally getting this weight off and regaining my health. You didn't realize you were doing more GOOD DEEDS.

THANKS!!!! Love you for ALL, and I do mean ALL, you do during this time of the year.

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Here it 11 p.m.....

Tracie has staffers here wrapping their own gifts....

Christamas banquet stuff happening.....

Kids everywhere....

Trent and I are having a hard time concentrating on our laptops here in the family room with all these people working.....

Jana McVay said...

Sister Smith,
When our Ladies' Christmas party outgrew the Pastor's home, they decided to make it a progressive luncheon. We all end up at the Pastor's home for desserts, and yes, it is crowded but with only serving desserts there, it's not so bad! Maybe you could try that next year...have appetizers at one home, the main dish at another, and everyone end up at your home for dessert.

You sound like a very busy lady! I don't envy you!! LOL

God Bless!