Sunday, December 7, 2008

What a Day!

Well I've been steadily endeavoring to mark things off my list. For some CRAZY reason today I didn't work on my list but rather added to it. I walked into my laundry room and it was cluttered. I walked into my closet and got mad....I remembered my coat closet was worse!

I tore into the coat closet - drug everything out. I decided some needed to go upstairs but where? I then went into what we call Micah's bedroom - he lived with us about 5 yrs ago! lol That room has 2 closets, yes I tackled them. I went to the upstairs bathroom and cleaned out cabinets. I went to the guest room which has 2 closets and cleaned them out. One is completely empty awaiting guests! Yes!!! I went to the upstairs linen closet and cleaned it out. I helped Redonia clean out her closet.

Redonia & I got rid of a bunch of junk. I mean piles of junk. Well actually piles of clothes. We will donate them to a favorite charity resale shop Monday. Ok here's the bad news I worked from 8 am - 5 pm without a break. Kent is diabetic and was long over due breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I had to stop before getting to my closet or laundry room. Hopefully I can organize them Monday.

During the storm Madeline fell thru our front door. The day of our horrible wreck we were actually returning from ordering a new door. It was installed today. It's really pretty! Of course it is stained mohagany and is a beautifully hand crafted leaded glass door. I love it!

Kent will tell you he worked like a 'dawg' today! He did dry clean our carpet. It looks wonderful!!! Thanks, babe, for your labor of love! lol

Miss Redonia had 2 photo shoots today. One session was a family session of a neighboring pastor and family. The other was an engagement session for a couple in our church. She is doing a great GREAT job. The past few wks she has done 2 weddings. One was a very large fabulous fall wedding. The other was a very time consuming Hispanic wedding. She loved the challenges of both settings. Of late her photography business is really really growing. The word is spreading not only her eye to take great pics but the great quality of professional prining of the portraits. Alot of people capture great photos but not all use professional printing. Redonia offers both! Another popular item for her has been the leather bound portfolios. More and more people are wanting them for their homes. Let me add she printed a BEAUTIFUL 16 x20 Bridal Portrait last month. Oh my you should have seen it framed @ the reception --- awesome!!! Sorry got side tracked!! lol Redonia asked her Dad and I to run a couple of errands tonight since her schedule was very tight. Of course we were happy to do so! She's our baby girl!!!

After dinner and coffee, Kent and I stopped by the Weldon's home where our college and career group were enjoying their Christmas party. What a great group of kids!!! Thanks David & Linda Weldon and Chris & Misti Ferguson for leading such a great group. They gave us a gift basket for Christmas. Check out Kent's blog for details....he LOVED it!!!

Trent and Calah came over late tonight. Trent was checking out somethings he didn't move. I'm pretty sure he'll never get it all...I've threatened to haul off his 'stuff'. Soon after the kids arrived Donie came in from her party. Of course all 3 piled up on the couch. Redonia and Trent miss one another. They were raised as twins since they are only 13 months apart. Calah bathed and entertained Bishop.

The house is now quiet and I just finished some much needed church 'stuff''. Tomorrow is Sunday so it's up early and off to pickup my kids for church. Actually it's already Sunday...
Tomorrow afternoon the crew and I will go immediately following church to the Convention Center to decorate for our Christmas Banquet. The banquet will be Sunday night - a first for us.
Trent, Calah, Matt & Stephen are the skit crew. I'm sure it'll be hysterically funny. They are all silly everyday!

Well, off to rest. 6:30 will be here really soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does your daughter have a website or blog to show her work, I would love to look at them!