Monday, December 29, 2008

??? Catch Up ???

If you ever get behind blogging how do you catch up???? Some details will be lost from the blog but never from my heart. From my previous post of my huge family picture through this very moment so much has happened.

I guess the next important event was Calah and Trent came over Christmas morning. We enjoyed a continental breakfast before opening gifts. Kent and I bought Calah and Trent Blackberrys. Thank you Deadra and David Weldon for helping us. I am always afraid of eBay but they assured me that everything would be fine. The kids were soooooooooooooo excited. Redonia got a camera bag, a new lens, and a few other photography items. She loved her 'toys', too! I surprised Kent with a golf membership. He needs an outlet. The kids and I worry about him. He works hard, carries lots of stress, and has a few health issues. Hopefully playing golf will help him and help us not to worry about him.

We had a fun time at Mom's Christmas. Again, waaaaaaaaaaaay too much food. Why do we cook so much? All the little neices and nephews enjoyed their many gifts. Grammy and Popsie gave my kids gift cards. They love getting gift cards. All the grown ups played the Chinese Gift Exchange. Of course Calah & Trent played, too. Wow! We had some really great gifts this year. I was a thief and took some really great serving pieces from Courtney. We had lots of fun playing and gifting. Kent got a ever so loved Panera Gift Card. Dana Mack joined us for lunch. She is a great lady from CUPC. My family loves having company on holidays. Dana, I hope you felt loved!

Christmas night the Fergies and Backhus families came over. We had a Blackberry Support Group session! lol We all shared tricks we've learned. Of course the real purpose was to set up Kent's phone. He's loving his new toy, I mean phone!

Friday we went to Lufkin to have Christmas with the Smiths. Wow! What a loud fun time we had! There were 5 noisey children under 6 years of age. The kids had so much fun. Saturday morning we took the kids to McDonalds to have a birthday party for Drew, Jackson, and Pierson. All three of the boy's birthdays are Christmas week. Mamaw bought them a cute birthday cake. They all got lots of fun gifts. Kent and Ken couldn't handle the party and skipped out to Starbucks. Soon several more of us joined the sober crowd! lol

Papaw grilled steaks and we had a good lunch. My parents have been life long friends of the Smith family, too. They came up to see everyone. Mom loves all Kent's siblings. Many of them have been apart of our holiday gatherings at one year or another, too. After lunch the kids opened their gifts. They loved their new toys! Redonia and Kameron exchanged gifts. She got a gift card. Whoo Hoo! The Smith family does the gift exchange, too. They enjoy being goofy with the gifts. Well some of them enjoy being silly. I tend to take 'real' gifts. Among the gifts was a box of old and I do mean old preaching tapes, an Obama tshirt and mouse pad, a few of Joy Haney books, a plate rack, and some horrible looking neck ties! Of course there were a few good gift cards thrown into the mix, too! lol There's always lots of laughter during the exchange. You just NEVER know what you may open. Some of the prank gifts made their way into our trunk and home with us. Of course we had a big laugh when we discovered them. Redonia took some great Smith family pictures. I can't wait to see them. Hopefully, I'll post them soon.

Redonia, Calah, & Trent reserved Kent and me a room at the Magnolia Hotel Houston for last night. The hotel is rated by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine as one of the top 100 hotels in the world! Redonia gave us an American Express Gift Card for dinner, too. The hotel offers complimentary limo shuttle. We were shuttled to Birraporetti's where we enjoyed a romantic dinner. The hotel has a hospitality level where cookies, milk and Starbucks coffee is served in the evening. I just couldn't resist getting some cookies for the room, yummm. This morning Kent returned to the hospitality level where a complimentary breakfast buffet was served. We enjoyed breakfast in our suite. We did experience a little problem that turned to our favor. Our bed had been made but sheets weren't changed. Of course the manager was very embarrassed and accomodating. The adjoining room to ours was a four room suite. He sent a bellman to simply move us through the adjoining door. Wow were we ever surprised when the door was opened! Anyone going to General Conference in Houston it would be a room to reserve! It had a beautiful full kitchen. Dining room with mahoganny table and a nice living room. Of course the bedroom suite was beautiful, too. All the rooms have lavish bathrooms. Thank you kids for such a nice getaway! We know it was a REAL sacrifice of your budgets and never expect such wonderful gifts from you guys. Of course Calah and Trent gave me a beautiful outfit and Kent some golf accessories, too.

This afternoon I sit in my clean but decorated home. I am so ready to take it down. I'm not feeling it today, though maybe tomorrow! lol The sun is shining brightly through the beautiful leaded door and high windows. I certainly can say that this was the BEST Christmas ever. The gifts were nice and thoughtful but the very fact that we spent time with our family made it the BEST. I was able to spend time with my 3 siblings and 5 'other' siblings. We were able to spend time with Kent's 4 siblings. Of course I enjoyed all our neices and nephews, too. They are the best. During the holidays we were able to spend time with some of Kent's cousins, too.

We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Keith and Carla said...

Glad you all had a great Christmas!

We were thinking about taking our trees down tonight, but we decided to wait another week. The girls were relieved! lol.