Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas is for Friends


Christmas is a time for sharing with friends. I enjoy being with people I may not necessarily be able to spend quality time with otherwise. I LOVE my decorated home and I LOVE giving gifts. I'm honest I enjoy receiving gifts, too. The BEST part about Christmas is I am able to spend time with others.

Last night was our annual Section 9 Christmas Banquet. Karen & Steve Wehrle served as hosts. The banquet hall was decorated very pretty. Our friend Greg Frazier from Starks Louisianna was the guest speaker. The food was very tasty. The best part of the banquet, however, was spending time with friends.

The minister's wives from CUPC rode with me. We enjoyed laughing and talking during our travels. Crazy Victor Alba gave us much to laugh about on our way home. The napkins were paper leporad print. He ever so gently tore a pair of panties from his napkin...YES he did!!! He presented his creation to Trent. Trent showed them to Sis. Wehrle and suggested them for a door prize. It was all done in good fun...so if you weren't there don't knock the humor. On our way back to CUPC I called Sis. Alba. Sis. Alba was unable to attend. She is spending time with her Mom who is battling cancer. We all laughed and jested that next time she shouldn't let Bro. A go out in public without her. Laughter really does do us good!

At the banquet we sat with our LONG time friends Jeff & Wynette Sherry. Wynette was in our wedding. Though time and distance has kept us separated when we are together it's like we never missed a minute. I love my friends!

As the banquet was beginning I noticed and elderly minister and wife sitting at a table alone. Though our table was full I asked everyone to squeeze in. We then moved place settings and had the Haynes join us. Though none of us really knew the Hayes it was good to become more acquainted with them. Christmas isn't a time for being alone! Find ways to include others. Why stay with your normal 'group'? Include others and share your holiday cheer.

I enjoyed brief moments of sharing a laugh, hug, or exchanging a brief conversation. Again, I LOVE my friends. Yes, some are more of an acquaintance but I BELIEVE they are my friends. They are friends, I just haven't had the opportunity to spend enough time with.

It's Chrismas! Christmas gives us many opportunities to visit with others. Make special efforts to attend holiday gatherings. It's easy to say we are too busy or we can't afford to attend but I believe that visiting with others is the best gift we can GIVE. Really it's the greatest gift I can RECEIVE during Christmas. Why feel that family gatherings should suffice? Venture out find time to share with others. I have had 2 opportunities the past 2 days....I'm going to be looking for more!

If you are planning gatherings. I trust Charming Hospitality will give you some great ideas. Go there and check it out. Today I have posted an assortment of beverages.

Cheers & Blessing to You!!!!

2 comments:

Susan Hill said...

Tracie, It's time like you just mentioned being with friends and events like last night and riding with the ladies that are the most refreshing! For some reason, the table that we are at always seems to be the loudest (having the most fun!) Hmmmm, I wonder if that could be because of this clown I'm married to??

Keith and Carla said...

Friends - you can never have enough!!! I'm glad y'all had a great time.