Tuesday, December 30, 2008

10, 9, 8, 7, . . . .

Count Down to 2009! Can you believe it? While I'm a goal setter, a list maker, and a planner I'm almost afraid to look back @ 2008. Before looking ahead I always try to look back. How can you set a goal or make a list if you don't know where you are or where you've been?

Most ladies start with weight. Well, in '08 weight wasn't a issue with me. Hopefully it will not be in '09 either.

The first part of the year was lots of work. We got ready for the wedding and during '08 we had two new administrators at CCS. Wow! What a chore for me! My sister, Kristi, was the 07/08 administrator but had a baby. Then we employed Tina Parker in June. I've been busy!

I was VERY involved in outreach in 08. Started the year with about 8 or 10 kids and ended the year with 32! Success!

CUPC saw success in several areas. Growth being the most important. When I did my Christmas list I realized we had about 15 new familes! Pretty exciting....We began a new life group since the others were too crowded. We changed our prayer meeting format. While the new format is awesome I must be honest and say our people weren't attending family prayer on Saturday nights. Kent and I have been very discouraged by it. Amazing that the ones who are not the 'spiritual' ones always found time to be at prayer meetings. I hate the defeat I feel just talking about it. Our music department went through some changes and finally things are clicking along better now! Thanks to Glenda Martin, Trent & Calah for their MANY hours of planning. Yes others help but the 3 I mentioned spend hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of sacrifice. Our youth began a remodel project that is almost complete on a new youth room, The Spot. They had to stop short of finishing due to the busy holiday schedules. Our Senior Bible Quiz Team went to nationals! Several families experienced some awesome victories. These are just a few things from the top of my head....

I set a goal at the close of 07 to meet new people in 08. I chose blogging as one of the methods. I'm thankful for all my new/old friends I've met or reaquained with through blogging. I believe 09 will even be more fun! I have a new idea that I will be incorporating in my making/maintaining friends, too.

We gained a new pet, Bishop. Bishop is Kent's little buddy. Yes, I'm jealous!!! lol He gets the royal treatment.....

We gained a daughter-in-law, Calah. She is a little hard to get to know but is crazy once you do know her. She and her Father-in-law are pretty goofy together. I have always prayed that Trent would get someone to love him and be a homemaker. She is both!!!!

Redonia's life has been crazy this year. She makes me tired....she has had lots of business with her photography this year. She makes me crazy 'cause she's so artsy....one of my goals is to get her more organized! lol I'm thinking it will not happen.....

My MAIN GOAL in 2009 is to trim excess in every area of life....church and home. I want the church to be debt free....I want us to be debt free, too. Kent and I personally owe very little above our living/existence but I am cutting back.....I began this process in November --- just gearing up for the new year. If I am going to ask Kent and Redonia to join me then I must be doing it first and I have been!!! I saved $140 from our Christmas budget. Additionally, I applied for some refunds/rebates. We've already gotten $102 back this week in checks in the mail!!!!! I'm excited and am looking for more ways to save....

I haven't read the Bible through in a couple of years. This year I plan to read it from cover to cover. Well, I normally use the Bible on computer for reading & studying. It's just easier for me to see. I did get a giant print Bible at Conference but I struggle seeing it, too. My eyes are pretty dim. All the black just runs together on the page.

I want to have the house repainted in 09 and do a few minor updates with decor. I better get to saving quick! lol

Kent and I have been working on some goals for the church, too. One of them is talent will be 2nd to anointing. It's seems so hard to balance the two. I enjoy talking to my friend Dede Cooley on this subject. It's easy for people to 'hammer' the musicians and service leaders but what about the Sunday School staff, the ushers, and simply put the people in the pews???? We want more anointing in our pews.

Ok...one of my new goals is an earlier bedtime in 09....I have just sat down for the day and it was around 11:30 pm.....I would love to be in bed every night by 11:00 pm. I get up at 6:30 so that still will not be an extravagant amount of rest for this old body.

I'm sure I'll read over this post for a day or two and add a few more things. I'm inspired and challenged with what lies ahead in 2009......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracie, I appreciate your hard work and all you do for CUPC and I have to say it is your heart beat... But remember you are only human and can only do so much. I pray this year you will delegate out some things and let other people help. I am so thankful for our church and I pray to God every day that we hold to the Apostolic truth. In reading Karen Kay's blog it convicted me and now yours.....I too need to make some personal dedications this year with my prayer life and reading the Bible.......This is truly the most important things in life and sometimes they get put second in our lives.
Yes, you do need to turn the computer off and phone and go to bed earlier this year!!!!!!! You never get to old for me to tell you that.......HA Not that you listen to me.
I pray for Good Church for all of us in 2009......not just the motion or worked up but the REAL.
I pray for Kent to have Wisdom and not be afraid to speak out against things that aren't right and stand for TRUTH and lead CUPC to the Best year that the church has ever seen and GROWTH............
We all need to ask ourselves what kind of church would my church be if every member is just like me???
Pretty good thought...

love,
Mom/Shirley

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Let's do it this year babe!!!!

iluv2prshim said...

Happy New Year! Blessings to the Kent Smith Family!

Cylinda Nickel said...

Happy New Year girl!! May 2009 be the best ever!!

Love ya-
CMN