Saturday, January 3, 2009

Alive...Well...Happy New Year!

Yes, I'm alive and well!

Our new year has started off great. Our family, Ken, Kay & Kameron Burgess have been with us this week. They are missionaries to Argentina and we rarely have family time with them. We have enjoyed them the past few days. Tonight we sit in the living room relaxing. Kent's on his computer, Kay's reading and Ken's on something - GPS, I believe. The house is quiet as a mouse. I love a quiet house. Redonia is out with friends and Kameron went to a lock-in with the youth. We'll miss them when they are gone. They only get to stay with us about once every 4 years.

This weekend we have more house guests. We'll enjoy the Albas and Vyvials, too. Kent and I love both of these families. They are both former assistant pastors - great great people!!! Bro. Alba will be preaching for us Sunday. Trent & Calah and Chris & Misti Ferguson are in Lufkin @ MAP. Both men will be meeting the board this year. We will miss them Sunday. God has blessed us through the years to have great people working beside us. Currently we are blessed with the Fergusons and Trent & Calah. Kent and I can hardly wait to see what God does with these couples.

I've been working on a few things in me....setting new goals that I WILL reach...check out this scripture:

“For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,” Titus 2:11-12

It's the same saving grace that teaches me to say NO!!! This year as I'm tempted to be slack in my goals...His Grace can help me say NO.....I love moderate self-controlled living.

Happy New Year....I love NEW things....

2 comments:

Paula said...

Tell Ken & Kay we said hi!!! :o)

Jeanetta Orange said...

God's best to you as you reach for higher heights and deeper depths. Enjoy your posts! Loved that scripture!! His Word is powerfully motivating.