Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So Much Going On...

This week I'm getting my receipts, milage, etc ready for my income tax returns. What a horrible chore! Thank the Lord for a wonderful secretary who has come to my rescue. We sent the Pastor out of the office today to play golf. He was driving me inane. lol Kent called a neighboring pastor, Daryl Hooper, and invited him to join him. Thank God for neighbors!

Speaking of neighbors, last night we had the distinct honor and priviledge of having dinner with our friends and neighboring pastor, David and Sally Whitaker. The Whitakers are such great people. We enjoyed sharing our hearts with them. They are still in home missions status. Of course we have walked that road ourselves. After 18 years of pastoring I hope Kent and I encouraged them. Of course Kent wasn't interested in anything but going to their church. Once a home missionary always a home missionary!!!! Definitely they are heroes to us. Thanks Sally for such a wonderful evening. Montgomery's Hope Center is definitely in our prayers! You can check out Kent's blog for his thoughts.

Sunday like a cluts I fell out of the church van. Ouch! I have two really sore legs. Thank you to all my church family for checking on me this week. I didn't go to the doctor but I think I am doing quite well hobbling right along.

Our church is turning up the heat this year! We are endeavoring to pray more, study more, invite more people, be more hospitable, and simply do better jobs and whatever we do. I'm excited about what God is doing in Conroe. Already this year we have 3 new families. I can't wait to see what all God is going to do this year.

I hope each of you enjoy a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Ugghhh!!! I'm NOT looking forward to getting our tax stuff together! We haven't even began yet.

We had the privilege of meeting the Whitakers right after we started in Home Missions. Such sweet spirits!

Gene Holley said...

Don't mention taxes! Yikes! I don't even know how to do mine this year... Realtor for a few months with little income, little income from Pflugerville, move and rent a home, purchase a home and still have our other one. Can anyone say, "Housing Allowance?" Which one? I will have help.

We love the Whitaker's! We met them in Magnolia and have enjoyed hearing about their success in Home Missions. Glad you are close enough to offer fellowship and support.

Cylinda Nickel said...

Hey you- I hope you are okay- we love you and hope 2009 blesses your socks off!

CMN

Dee said...

Take care of yourself! Sorry to read about the fall. Sometimes, I think it's that we all just "move so fast" that we miss steps, etc.

Linda Elms said...

I'm sorry you fell! I hope you're up and going strong real soon. We just met the Whitakers. They are such sweet people. Your new year has started off with a BANG! Love you!