Thursday, January 29, 2009

Praise

Last night just before darting out the door to church I sat down to check emails. My Google Reader was up. I realized my friend, Veta , had written a new post. She told several things going on in her life and then shared a dream. Wow!

This morning my daily Bible reading included a couple of verses about praise. The last version I read this morning was the Amplified so I simply copied that version to post.

Romans 5: 3 Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance. 4 And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation

Psalms 51:15 O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise.

After reading this passage I immediately remembered Veta's dream. I had to go back and read it. Then the following song started rolling over and over in my mind. Well, some of the words! lol I couldn't remember all the song so I searched for it.

Praise is what I do
When I want to be close to You,
I lift my hands in praise.
Praise is who I am,
I will praise Him while I can.
I'll bless Him at all times.
I vow to praise You
Through the good and the bad.
I'll praise You,
Whether happy or sad.
I'll praise You
In all that I go through,
Because praise is what I do,
Cause I owe it all to You.
Praise is what I do
When I want to be close to You,
I lift my hands in praise.
Praise is who I am,
I will praise Him while I can.
I'll bless Him at all times.
And I vow to praise You
Through the good and the bad.
I'll praise You,
Whether happy or sad.
I'll praise You
Praise is what I do,
Even when I am going through,
I've learned to worship You.
Know my circumstance doesn't even stand a chance,
My good outweighs the bad.
Now somebody lift your voice
And just go to praising him right now
Somebody lift your voice in this place
Lift up your voice in this place.
Praise is what I do
Is what I do

I do vow to praise Him today. Praise is what I do! Last evening our praise service was incredible. In fact just as the last song was finishing a newcomer gentleman walked from his pew to the altar and knelt in prayer. Then two other visiting men began to weep and pray. Our service never got past this point. Praise really does make a difference!

4 comments:

Susan Hill said...

You cannot know how this post was of God today! We had news yesterday that has me in a very dark tunnel and I'm literaly focusing on making it through this day! I turned on the computer and felt immediately that I was to read your blog! And here it is! Thanks you, Tracie! And thank you, Jesus, for your Word!

Misti Ferguson said...

Awesome! I want to be more of a praiser...He is so worthy!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

YES, He is worthy of all my PRAISE....good post! Love you!

Dee said...

That's a great song, isn't it! I really enjoyed reading this praise-filled post tonight...this morning, I mean! :-)